Sign in to follow this  
dkohl

PMDG 777: ILS doesn't appear in the PFD on final

I was going to ask this question in the PMDG forum, but with all the FS2K2 stuff going on there, I figured I'd start here.I've been having trouble getting ILS guidance to appear on the PFD, despite tuning the ILS tuner properly. I've read the manual, and I think I'm doing everything properly.I'm attempting a non-AP landing at KATL, ILS8R. I verified that this is an ILS runway by pulling up the Fly!2 runway directory. I also checked the frequency: 109.90.This screenshot illustrates the final approach just before touchdown. As you can see - no ILS comes up on the PFD.NOTE: I've tried this several times, both during an established flight plan and on a quick go-around. The screenshot below was taken on the go-around after landing on a previous try. In both cases, no ILS appeared on the PFD.Thanks for the help.-DKI was going to ask this question in the PMDG forum, but with all the FS2K2 stuff going on there, I figured I'd start here.I've been having trouble getting ILS guidance to appear on the PFD, despite tuning the ILS tuner properly. I've read the manual, and I think I'm doing everything properly.I'm attempting a non-AP landing at KATL, ILS8R. I verified that this is an ILS runway by pulling up the Fly!2 runway directory. I also checked the frequency: 109.90.This screenshot illustrates the final approach just before touchdown. As you can see - no ILS comes up on the PFD.NOTE: I've tried this several times, both during an established flight plan and on a quick go-around. The screenshot below was taken on the go-around after landing on a previous try. In both cases, no ILS appeared on the PFD.Thanks for the help.-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Same problem here. Hope someone will have an answer...Yves

Gents-I tried your approach and everything worked just fine.I am noticing, from your screenshot, that you have 109.90 tuned in the VOR L position. Could you please try it without tuning an ILS frequency on the VOR L LSK?Thanks

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Note: In the original approach (on flight plan), I did not have 109.90 pre-tuned in the left LSK. Unfortunately I didn't take any screenshots during this initial approach. It was only after I manually landed (a challenge in a big bird) that I did the go-around and prepared the screen shot.Let me note something - When I was on the final, I went to the Nav Radio page on the FMS. The ILS frequency was shown on the ILS line, but it was in PARK mode. I was about 23 miles out. I waited a bit to be closer to approach, but even as I closed in (less than 20 miles), the frequency remained in PARK. Upon clicking this LSK, I changed PARK to "M" and then got what you see in the screenshot above.I've had this happen at several airports and I just kept thinking I was doing something wrong. But after many go-around tests, and a re-read of the manual, I could not get this right.A few things about my system.I have both 777 and 757 installed. I am also using several ROTW aircraft (Mustang, PA-19 and PA-28). I haven't attempted removing any of these yet. Is it possible there's some DLL that's conflicting with the ILS display on the Nav Display?-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest Roy

>Let me note something - When I was on the final, I went to the Nav Radio page on the FMS. The ILS frequency was shown on the ILS line, but it was in PARK mode. I was about 23 miles out. I waited a bit to be closer to approach, but even as I closed in (less than 20 miles), the frequency remained in PARK. Upon clicking this LSK, I changed PARK to "M" and then got what you see in the screenshot above.I've had this happen at several airports and I just kept thinking I was doing something wrong. But after many go-around tests, and a re-read of the manual, I could not get this right.

I've done all you've noted above to no avail. Although, when you say, you have to select "APP" on the ND and MCP, what is the "ND"? I had selected APP on the MCP, and had manually "unparked" the ILS frequency, but I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say, the "ND".-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest Roy

ND=Navigation DisplayIt's the knob that sits next to the range-knob.It has markings for APP, VOR, MAP and PLN.Page 7-13 in the manual deals with the APP-mode.Roy B. :-waveOslo, Norway

Got it. YES - I did set APP in the Nav Display. The screen shot I posted shows that the ND has the ILS runway markings, but no ILS alignment guide.-DK---David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest Roy

I guess I have to try this one myself. :-)I'll get back to you with the result in a couple of days. (Maybe even a screenshot or two)Have to work tonight :-(Roy B. :-waveOslo, Norway

DavidI'm getting the same results as you are. Attached is a trip from KACE Columbia, SC to KRDU Raleigh-Durham, NC. I also have all ROTW's a/c with assoc. dll files. So I removed everything except PMDG dll files from modulespc folder before I ran this test flight. I don't believe I have tried the 777 after installing latest patch until now. My 757 works great, just like before.One footnote: Even though I did not have the ILS magenta bar, I was able to lock on to the ILS, including glideslope. However this may (not 100% sure) have caused the problem shown in the last picture.Can't wait to see the outcome of your post here.RegardsRobert

Sorry its taken me so long to attempt to re-perform my test. Tonight I tried a flight to KLAX. I was, unfortunately, unpleasantly surprised to arrive in the LA area with no ILS help from the 777 display. See related post in the PMDG forum.... http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID32/647.html----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Bump..... see PMDG forum for new post on this subject....http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID32/647.html-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.