Sign in to follow this  

More ERJ-145 Previews

Here are a few more ERJ's in the shop. I'll look into adding a Delta Express version.Pete

Guest andrewluck

The BA scheme looks good. I've been looking for something to fill a hole in my fleet for those shorter hops when you can't justify taking the 757.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Took a look on Airliners.net and discovered that Delta Express does not fly the ERJ-145 but Delta Connection does. I'll do the ERJ in the DC livery.Pete

Thanks, Andrew. I'll probably do a few more BA's with different rudder art.Pete

Guest Javier

Pete:I have noticed that the Wheels are sunken on the runway, I see the same on my system, is this a problem with the model? - I know you just did the repaints but you might know what's wrong -;) Excelent Art Work on the BA by the way..

I think the wheel contact point is incorrect. I don't know if it's correctable.Pete

Guest CaptainJ

This can be corrected by the WHL file under the WORLD Directory look for the tire contact points!I will have a look at it what the coorect value shoud be!

Guest andrewluck

As indicated, the problem is in the WHL file.Extract it from the pod and look for the three lines that describe the tire contact point for the three wheels. They're pretty well labelled.For each case, the centre value is the one that needs to be changed. For the nose wheel -4.60 works quite well.For the mains, -4.71Place the modified file in the world directory.Now I need to work out why this aircraft doesn't turn when on the ground!Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest andrewluck

At least one person has had problems replicating this mod. Has anyone had any success with it?Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Good morning All:I think that I'm the one that Andrew is refering too. If not, I appologize. Andrew and I have been in contact with each other by email. Because I'm unable to solve my problem, Andrew suggested that we continue this in the FORUM so here it is.I did as Andrew outlined above, in modifing the wheel contact points for the EMB-145 but didn't obtain the same results that he did!! No change to the wheel contact point on the tarmack! I opened the Pod with Podview, copied (extracted) the .WHL file to a temp folder, edited the contact points, saved the file, then copied the modified file to the Fly!2 world directory as instructed. I then opened fly!2 with Flystart, using the EMB-145 as the selected aircraft but going to an exterior view revealed that the tires were still half into the surface. There was no change. Am I doing something wrong? I would like to get the same results as Andrew did! Andrew, through email, has suggested that maybe Fly!2, for some reason is not reading the contents of my world folder. SearchPodFilesFirst is set to "0". There are other files in the World folder, which I can only assume are being read and are working.Thanking you in advance for any assistance!!!Curtis

Guest andrewluck

Hi CurtisOne difference springs out from your post here. I'm not using Flystart. Have you tried loading Fly! with the default Cessna and then changing aircraft to the ERJ?Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Good point Andrew:I'll try as you suggested this evening when I get home from work. I'll post my results tomorrow. Thank you very much!!!!!Curtis