Sign in to follow this  

Mustang - Does "E" work?

I think I've finally mastered manually starting the Mustang. But last night, I wanted to just get off the ground to look at some scenery I created and hit the "E" key. It appears that the "E" key started and shut down the engine in one split second. I watched the screen and all the switches and guages jumped to life for a half-second, followed by them all resetting to the off position. The "hydrolic dump" sound is the last thing I heard. Since this is part of the shutdown procedures, I concluded that "E" was doing both a startup and shutdown in the same instant.Anyone else with this experience?-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

DavidI had the same experience in my first intent to run the P51 , I have the CH Yoke and found that the mixture control should be slice to the top and the engine wont stop.rgdsCesar

I have the CH Yoke. The mixture control is all the way forward. Still doesn't work. I want to point something out. I put on "accurate engine start" so that the computer will take you through the steps when you hit the "E" key. I followed it through after hitting "E" and watched as it went through all the startup steps and then proceeded directly to the shutdown steps. So I am confirming that what's going on is that pressing "E" causes the plane to turn on and off instantly.-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest jjlobo

It's the same for me. I abandoned CTRL "E" and allways go through the manual starting procedure. Other problem I'm experiencing is that each time P51 crashes (allways leaving instant replay with aircraft in the runway P51 crashes), you can't restart the engine. You need to choose another plane and then load P51 again.Are there any report about this second problem?Thanks___ JJLobo ___55 11 37268158

Accurate Engine Start doesn't work for me. As I wrote above, when pressing E with accurate engine start, it starts and then goes through the shut down procedures. It cannot be interrupted.-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Confirmed on both problems. E doesn't work and it won't start after a crash. I also was unable to restart the engine after doing some (at best) acrobatics and stalling the engine, but that might have been due to the panic caused by a rapidly approaching ground...John IvanENHD

Hi DavidWe have some problems with the E key, and we don't know yet where it comes from. On my system it works only in the detailled mode, not in the fast mode. This probably a timing problem depending on each system. Now, when you break the engine by overheat or carburator freezing, we simulate that situation by not allowing the engine to restart normally. So when it happens in the air, you are forced to land without any power and hydraulic: No flap and just manual gear.Like it was in the action.Jean

E key does not work on mine either, do not know about restart.Robert