Sign in to follow this  

Finally succumbed to FLY!2- now what?

Hi,When you install Terrascene, the installer should extract a bunch of textures from your Fly installation. Sounds like that didn't happen for some reason. Have you ever used TS successfully before this? Could be worth reinstalling it and paying special attention to the texture extraction step.John/madmax

John,well obviously it didn't... First time I installed and used TS, I did some project for local scenery which came with an input file and targa which went OK all the way.All I see in texturesbase is 4 jpg's and they're not the ones needed. Likewise there isn't a HITW dir either...TS is installed to E:Terrascene2 and Fly to E:Fly2. Mebbe TS wants to see the default dirtree for Fly (Like the bloody Program FilesTerminalRealityFly whatever thing?)Could it be I'm missing some stuff for Fly? (like the dir HITW imo should come from an add-on package, not from a default Fly2 install)

>Hi, >>When you install Terrascene, the installer should extract a >bunch of textures from your Fly installation. Sounds like >that didn't happen for some reason. Have you ever used TS >successfully before this? Could be worth reinstalling it >and paying special attention to the texture extraction step. John,did that (and appearently I had skipped that 1st step the first time).Sofar I've done 5 areas and yes, they look real good. Too bad that by the time I've completed the whole of WA, I prolly need another HD :-)My Gawd, the Seattle area alone eats up 474 Mb here... Not to mention the fact that firing up Fly2 and getting to KSEA takes up considerable amount of time.... that is on a humble Athlon 2200+ with 768 megs of 333 MHz DDR ram.BTW, I'm still wondering where that SOCAL scenery file is to find...Blue Skies,

>did that (and appearently I had skipped that 1st step the >first time). Cool - glad it worked!>Sofar I've done 5 areas and yes, they look real good. Too >bad that by the time I've completed the whole of WA, I >prolly need another HD :-)Yes, there is that problem! Fortunately, HD space is dirt cheap these days.I get pretty good performance on my system (Athlon 1900, 1 Gb, GF3), although I do get pauses once in a while for it to load new scenery. I have my scenery settings set to 4 and 15 miles for high and medium res radius, respectively. John/madmax