Sign in to follow this  

An Email from Rich...

I wanted to share some of an email between Rich and I tonight...----------------------------------------------------------------RICH:> Hi Tom,>> Well, believe it or not, this "old" body just won't give out (yet). My> hospice nurse and oncologist figured I would be gone 3 weeks ago, and Ikeep> waking up and making it through the day. Realize, I have not had one dropof> nutrition/food of any kind in over 6 weeks. I'm nothing but skin and bones> now, and I have no idea where my body is getting the energy to even wakeup> each day, much less make it down the hall to sit at my computer or watchTV.> But, we do expect a turn any day, and my oncologist suggested that my body> may have switched to a "fasting" mode weeks ago which has been extending> life span, but that it will give out without much notice and I can go from> feeling reasonable to being unconcious within 24 hours at any time. We don't> expect that I'll be making it more than another couple of weeks, but I've> said that before.>> I wanted to drop you a line just because my post on AVSIM seems like itwas> so long ago, and you probably haven't heard anything from Tara, thatpeople> might be confused if they simply missed an announcement. I just wanted you> to know that nothing has changed and we still expect an "imminent"> departure. We've already got the funeral and memorial services planned,> which should be very nice. The memorial we're hoping will be a very upbeat> celebration for all my friends, neighbors, co-workers, and anyone else to> attend to share their stories of my life and interesting jokes or memoirs> that might be interesting to others.TOM:> God bless you Rich. I didn't think I would be hearing from you again. Ihope> either you had a chance to read some of the messages posted in response to> your last message or that Tara was able to read some of them to you. Iknow> you are looking for relief. I can't imagine the strain and stress on youand> the family. Please hang in there Rich; we are all thinking of you and miss> you on the forum.>> TomRICH:Thanks Tom. Just so you know, I've personally read every single response tothe final thread, and that printout will be on a table in the lobby of mymemorial so anyone can come up and read the outpouring of support from theAVSIM family. I think it will open alot of people's eyes to the largercommunity of friends I had that many people never knew about.Rich

Guest pilotsim7828

Tom; I hope I am not Intruding on this thread.But i live very close to Rich , He is no more than 13 miles from my home in Fort Worth, ( North Richland Hills area )TX. Although I never got to go to Vegas, or never got to meet him in person. Is there any way that , I would know where to go pay my respects to this fine man. I have thought about this for many days , Thinking ; Would that be right or wrong ?, Or would it only be open to the immediate family? Anyway i thoght it would be right to pay my respect ,to a man who gave me something that ,CAN grow on you . Who gave us such a nice , Closeknit family on this forum. Whom i have talked with people in diffrent countries, And have no boundries on what can be acccoplished . Your truley Jeff Akinsjaakins@charter.net

Thank You for the Update Tom.And continued prayers for Rich, Tara, and his family and friends.Regards,Joe

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Thanks Tom, for sharing this. I know that many of us have wondered how it was going for Rich and his family.

Randall Rocke

Thankyou Tom for sharing that message from Rich with us. Every day I think of him waiting for death and hope the pain he's in will soon be over.He's always going to be in our hearts of course.

Dear Tom,Thank-you so much for sharing your communication with Richard. It deeply touches me to read how he's coping and preparing, full of compassion with his illness.My heart is with him and Tara.JeroenMac OS 10.2.3 @G4/400The Netherlands

Guest ftessler

Tom,Thanks for posting this. I didn't want to initiate another lengthy thread, but I did want to bump this up to the top so that people see it. (It's up to you whether you want to add to the list of anchored threads.) Rich's emails offer additional proof of what a remarkable person he is.-Franklin------------------------------Franklin TesslerDP 800Fly! for Mac Co-moderator

Guest Allan Jones

Thanks, Tom.We still keep Rich and his family in our prayers. He is one of the finest examples of the human spirit I've ever seen.

Guest Bjorn

Thanks for sharing this, Tom !I'm thinking of Rich every day, wondering howhe and the family feels.All my best,Bj

Guest Philip Olson

I also want to thank you Tom, not a day goes by that I do not think about Rich and how he is doing. I feel that it is important to keep up with the "father" of out family.Philip

Tom - indeed, thank you.I've also been thinking of Rich almost constantly every few hours since his "final post" - every day. I dread the time when I wake up and see your "announcement". But I've also been praying it come as quickly as possible, simply because I'll know that Rich has moved on to a place where his physical body can no longer hurt him.God still has need of Rich here - that is plainly clear. I hope his purpose is being fulfilled... With the least amount of pain possible.Its funny how a bunch of letters on a screen (and, of course, the Man behind them) can touch a person... And change you forever.You are not - and will never be - forgotten Rich. I ordered and received 6 bottles of Henry Weinhard root beer. Along with my box of Fly! (the original), two bottles will always reside on my office mantle. The rest will be toasted in your name...Again, thanks Tom.Elrond

Thank you, Tom and Mr. Harvey. Mr. Harvey, please keep you hopes up and if at all possible try to eat some

Many prayers for Rich & his entire family & endless circle of friends.Prayerfully,Chris Catalano