Sign in to follow this  

Paul Brooks Woodvale

I just downloaded and installed woodvale, but on starting FlyII and going to woodvale Fly displays the error message C3DModdel: load - Can't open: LIGHTHOUSE.SMFFile:SMODEL.CPP Line:3701After pushing the OK button FlyII exits.Does anybody know what causes this error and how it can be cured?Thanks in advance

Guest Paul Brooks

>I just downloaded and installed woodvale, but on starting >FlyII and going to woodvale Fly displays the error message >C3DModdel: load - Can't open: LIGHTHOUSE.SMF >File:SMODEL.CPP > Line:3701 >After pushing the OK button FlyII exits. >Does anybody know what causes this error and how it can be >cured? >Thanks in advance >Hi Roger,I think that the .smf file is a model file and there are no models podded in the scenery.You could try renaming your Data folder to say Data 1 which will prevent any model files from loading, which hopefully would prove it one way or another.I would also recommend that if possible you download all four files North Wales, EGCC and WoodheadPaul

Thank you Paul,I'll first try your last suggestion, as in the mean time I also got a message that a certain texture file couldn't be loaded as I flew from EGOV to EGGP (Liverpool). But this will take a couple of nigths, since the files are really big (even for ISDN).When ready, probably after the weekend, I'll report back.Roger

Hi Steve, thank you for your reply.I did not specifically install anything non-standard into flyII, except for the scenery "south california" (socal). Where can I get this lighthouse model from and how is it installed properly? I'll search the avsim databank for the file and if it is in there, I'll probably find it and be able to install it if it is explained how in the download file.If not, I'll have to await your answer.Roger

RogerE-mail me your address-I'll get a CD with all Paul's sceneries on to save the downloads if you want.david@davidtaylorsound.co.uk

Steve-I battled for quite a time with resizing various 'London areas' photo scenery but I never managed to get everything 'lined up to my satisfaction'. The problems of adjusting the photos I have been using with their 'UK Nat Grid' alignment, with Fly (and it's existing runways) which uses WGS84 alignment have unfortunately 'got me down'. Colin Sare-Soar has been a great help but I think for now I've 'given up'. In fact I've 'gone over to the otherside' and am currently making a 'UK English ATC' for FS2k2.However I have gigs of UK photos available for anyone that what's to make some scenery. You don't actually have to get 'bogged down' with big scenery areas, just around your local airport -that's easy to align with Fly!.Don't currently know what Paul's up to-last I heard he had 'bought the book' of the film-I mean the book from the photo source, to see what he could make from it.I'll keep in touch with these pages of course.Anyone with UK scenery queries give me (or Paul) a 'bell' if you want.DaveT