Sign in to follow this  
Guest Javier

FSI dynamic models...Still confused(pic)

Guest tonyc

Can someone tell me how these UI are used? The read me file barely makes mention, and I have yet to figure out. I was hoping it would control the number of dynamic planes that one finds at an airport. Regardless of FLY.ini settings( number of default models or dynamic models), only one dynamic models usually appears at an airport. How does one get more to appear?tony

Sorry Tony, I did not explain the FSI dynamic very well.Here are a few points1) FSI converts all models in FS sceneries.2) It tries to detect static aircraft. 3) When running Fly!II, my loader DLL can animate these static aircraft by cloning (copying) them an "moving them about" to simulate arrivals and departures (taxiing is tougher). 4) The "info" line in the "Dynamic" UI dialog says how many models are available (mod=), the number of arriving aircraft (arr=) and departing aircraft (dep=).5) In you screenshot "mod=0" means that it found no static aircraft which it can animate. Is there a separate ADD-ON with static aircraft for your airport? Have you converted it recently to try to detect static aircraft ? 6) FSI dynamic is completely independent of the default FLY!II dynamic aircraft and does not use its parameters. All FSI parameters are accessed via the "Parameters" UI dialog. Future versions of FSI may allow "MDLs" to be converted for dynamic aircraft. This would allow a huge number of potential low polygon aircraft for dynamic simulation. These are originally ADD-ON FS flyable visual models. FS scenery designers then used a prograsm (MDL2BGL) to make static versions of these for their sceneries. MDLs contain, apart from other stuff, BGL codes to draw the aircraft. These are the same codes that FSI already interprets when generating scenery objects.Padraic (Podjoe) Morgan.

Guest tonyc

Ok, now I understand. Animating FLY2 static models would be great, since many FLY2 airports don't have fs2002 add on airports. thank you for such a wonderful program and expect to see something from Paypal.:-)tony

Guest tonyc

This is a converted fs2000 addon.tony

Hi Tony,Do you mean "why is there grass on the runway" ?Look at the grass and the taxiway edge - they match up nicely.The problem here is that the runway is misplaced relative to the FS scenery. Why ?1) You did not check "Runways" during conversion2) The FS scenery has no "Runways" included and relies on the FS defaultIn both these cases, the default Fly!II runway positions are used. I guess that there is only about 1/2 the runway width of a difference but it shows.Solutions:1) Check "Runways" if you did not already do this and Generate.You can uncheck the "Scenery 3D" and "Databases" while doing this and the conversion will be quicker - in this case only "Runway" info will be interpreted and the previously generated Scenery/Databases will remain. You can also selectively "Delete" previously converted 3DScenery/Runways/Databases if you are not happy with the results.2) Use the new "Runway" UI dialog to move the runway/GS/LOC if you want. This is trickier. Solution 1) is worth trying first. If you do really want to use the UI method, look at the readme.txt and ask any questions that arise. I have used it many times but I suppose that I have an advantage!Padraic (Podjoe) Morgan.

Guest tonyc

Podraic,>>"1) You did not check "Runways" during conversion"Where would I find this reference to the runways? FSI main window does not have it.2. YOu could be right about this scenery not having FS runways. One more question, when there are a series of bgl files, as in some ALAska add ons, is there a way to do all of them at the same time?. tony

1) I seem to be confusing myself ... I meant "Databases" instead of "Runways" in the FSI converter window. There are 3 components to conversions, all podded- Scenery 3D = BIN models and RAW/ACT art files- Taxiways = visual taxiway/apron TMS and BGR files- Databases = RUNWAYS, ILS and NAVAID databases2) FS source maybe missing runways, could be. Convert with "Databases" checked to test this out.3) If the ADD-ON(s) take up more than one area (multiple lines in the dropdown menu) than you can still select the first area and modify the text that appears at "Tiles" to select multiple areas before pressing "Generate" to start the conversion. For example if your Alaska area are numbered between 105 and 108 then type in area 105 108 Just to recap, I usually start FSI, select and area using the dropdown menu and press "Generate". The default settings for checkboxes are usually ok for me. I only use the "Airport" text field and button in two casesA) if I do not know what area covers the airport I want, I type in the airport id and press "Airport" to find the appropriate area. Then I press "Areas" to select this area (which may occupy multiple "tiles").:( if I want to select a single airport from a "huge" area (eg the entire Norway ADD-ONs) then I type in the id, ENGM for example, and then press "Airport". In the "Tiles" text, the tile coords for ENGM are now shown. I do NOT want to select the "area" as this would be the whole of Norway. Instead, I check "Neighbors" and press "Generate". In this case, the tile for ENGM and the 8 surrounding tiles are converted on after another.Padraic (Podjoe) Morgan.

Guest Hagar

Padriac,One thing is keeping me away from FSI: The two times I used "Databases" and "Taxiways" in the output section, Fly2 started to crash badly, things went very wrong with my own sceneries. (Not FSI and Fly2 at the same airport, I avoid that off course). As I could see, some files in Fly2System were written to...Must I use "databases" if the converted scenery is misplaced to the runway? I hope I can avoid it. And is it possible to convert the building scenery only without getting the taxiway signs at the same time? If I not use "Databases", I get misplaced signs when I do not want them.My second problem is ENVA form the Norwegian package NA8 you used as an example here. Johnny and me can only get 1/3 of this airport when we convert it. And at Engm, some of the gates are way off after conversion. Is there a way to adjust this?

Guest Javier

I succesfully converted my local airport, I checked both, Databases and DATA. Now I got the runway and Scenery almost properly placed, just that the taxiway is so big ( error by design ) that it seems a parallel runway.I wanted to edit the runway and move it to overlap half the taxiway and at the same time overcome from other problem ( some taxiway signs in the middle of the runway ) but FSI won't let me do it, as soon as I select MANUAL and click on runway the check box will clear itself and I cannot move the runway. Is this because I converted using the Databases check box? or is it because the DATA.. or both? I don't know.I tried this using several options with the Cessna sitting at the runway and with the Cessna at the taxiway ( far away from the runway ) neither worked!H.E.L.P !! Padriac : Keep up the good job! This version is a lot better, you are on the right track! THANK YOU PADRIAC !!