Sign in to follow this  
Guest pilotsim7828

Fire in the Hole

Guest pilotsim7828

Or Fire out of the engine! Or just an illusion?Jeff Akins

Guest pilotsim7828

No the birds were far away, In fact i never saw themJeff:-lol

Guest rene_35

do you use smoke.pod from rotw (mustang aircraft)?

Guest pilotsim7828

No Rene , I never thought of that . If you look carefully, Those be sparks a flying! Jeff:-eek

Guest pilotsim7828

I think it was a fan blade that came off in flight,Those pesky birds , I have`nt seen any have you? Jeff :)

Guest rene_35

and have you heard strange engine noises during this "non documented" smoke and sparks effect?Do you remember what were your flight settings?

Guest Fly II Pilot

Jeff:Isn't this a gear-up landing shot from below the terrain level (there's one external camera that will do it)? This would explain the sparks, coming from the scraping points.Regards,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Guest pilotsim7828

Alejandro;Your exactly Right !Great job, you must have done this before. Jeff Akins

Guest Fly II Pilot

Jeff:"...you must have done this before."You mean crash or gear-up landings? No! Never... :-bigangelAlejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Guest pilotsim7828

Oh, Many times. That`s what you get when you have your Head down inside the cockpit Looking at what your not suppose to on arrival!:-lol

Guest jsippy

-sigh-Checklists, my friends... Checklists:)Cool pic, really does look like you hit birds or blew out a fan blade.---John R. SippyChicago, IL, USAPowerMacG4 -Dual 5001024MB RAMnVidiaGF2 - 32MB

Guest pilotsim7828

But why ? , Does it look like it`s coming from the left nacelle Instead of the bottom of the Fuselage, I know checklists are a part of the routine, I know I fly the 172 RG in real life, Gear down is part of it.Just was playing around with the sparks Jeff Akins