Sign in to follow this  

screenshots near Yakima, WA

Over yonder in the screenshot forum:Yakima, WAHurry and catch 'em before they're pushed onto the 35496th page by all the FS2K2 shots of the outsides of their planes :)

John,very nice screens. How exactly did you make the scenery? I must say that I have not yet worked with Terrascene and do not feel confident enough to follow the very elaborate tutorial yet. Is there an easy way to start with?Thank you and post more screensPrion

Hi Prion,TS isn't as scary as it looks :)As long as you have installed it right, you can download the WA-Scenery pack I just uploaded, and load those project files, which will set up everything you need as far as TS settings.Do read the "readme.txt" file though, because it's handy to move your old data directory aside while running TS. The readme will walk you through the steps; it isn't too hard really.Also, Fly2 is pretty finicky with regard to your graphics card settings. It's critical for terrain sharpness to turn on 64-tap anisotropic texture filtering, or everything will look all fuzzed out (personally I can't stand that blurry look!)Good luck!John/madmax

Prion,If you refer to my tutorial, it's for "enhanced" Terrascene, not a standard usage, and is quite complicated. Normal use of TerraScene is very easy.RegardsPascal__________________________________________________FLY! II tips Anti-aliasing: On some machines, you must set FSAA to 4x (GeForce2) to make it work. No need to disactivate AGP.Don't like the blurried textures? Try with FSAA on, and these values in the Render.ini :mipLevelCount=4 (if it causes problems rather set 5)mipMapFlag=128

Guest chezz

Hi John,Downloaded your file from AVSIM. Do I have to use the default FLY2 elevation mesh, day & night scenery and watermask or I have to download from USGS. They're too large a file to download from USGS.chrisphilippines

Pascal,yes, I was referring to your tutorial. Please do not take my comment as negative in any way. I have read it twice and I hope that I will use it one day, it is very inspiring and the results are stunning. I am just not there yet, but I have already found nice aerial photos for the area I live in :-). I have only recently discovered that Fly2 with the latest patch runs nicely on my computer now (which it did not on my old computer) so I have a lot of catching up to do and needed a first direction. I have downloaded Terrascene now and will start playing with it the easy way. Thanks to both of youPrion