Sign in to follow this  
Guest pilotsim7828

Help agian with FSImport

Guest pilotsim7828

I can not get FSImp V1.03 To create scenery. I have downloaded the sdk to get the BGLZIP.EXE Now that i found that path and it is working right , What else, do I need to do to get this program to work, And how ,and What button do i push first before rendering scenery. Second Question;How and what button do i start the scenery. How would i start the scenery in the first place ?How would i save the file to be imported into Fly! II I know these are a lot of questions, But i would appreciate the help Thanks in advance Jeff Akins :-zhelp

Hey Jeff,I am no expert but here's how I got it going. Make sure that FSI knows where the Scenery.cfg file and the BGL.EXE file are by depressing the buttons on the upper right labeled scnry.cfg and BGL (I think). Once you do that hit the Generate button and the current list of scenery will now show up in the Drop Down box next to the Area Button. Select your desired scenery from the list and hit Generate and away you go. Make sure you decide what size textures to use ( I personally am using 128 to be a bit more FR Friendly). Pretty basic but should get you started.RegardsPaul:-cool

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest pilotsim7828

I have done that , But no scenery appears, When i go back to Fly!II.I seems to me that the MS DOS is working but at the endIt gives me a message in that box down there "Scenery ingnored"!Now what? Jeff Akins:-(

Guest Fly II Pilot

Jeff:1) If you don't have MSFS2000 or 2002 or if you want to have the Fly! II converted scenery in a separate place, first you need to create a folder called scenery which is where you will place all the scenery and where the scenery.cfg file will be located.2) You need to download the scenery you want to convert and place it in the correct folder.3) You need to edit the scenery.cfg file and add an entry for the scenery you downloaded. There you specify the path to where the scenery is located (as "seen" from the scenery folder).4) Click on the scenery.cfg button (top right) and set the path to it. Do the same but with bglzip.exe5) If you've done this correctly, when you run FS_Imp, the new added area will appear under the Areas drop down box.6) To see which .BGLs were "recognized", click on the fs_impbgl.txt file (on the bottom left file list). Also, click on the fs)impms.txt to see if there were any errors, not recognized or not found BGLs in a given area. This can help in diagnosing a type in the scenery.cfg file.7) To convert the scenery, enter the Airport ID and click on Airport, then click on Areas button. If the airport spans across more than one tile, select "Neighbours".8) Select whatever you want to import in the Output section9) Press the generate button, and voila!Let me know if it still doesn't work for you. I can guarantee you that the program works fine, it must be something that either a) you're doing wrong or :( wrong with your configuration.Good luck!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Guest pilotsim7828

Thanks Alejandro:I`ll try it out when i get home , and thanks for the good explinations Jeff Akins:-scatter

Sometimes you have to press F7 to see the scenery. Also sometimes it comes and goes. Titus Mendell, Michigan

Guest pilotsim7828

Hi, And thanks for your reply`s , I have been getting them , But with problems. I got to see FSImport V1.03 in action . BUT......It still does not load scenery, It does seem to work however! I dont know what i am doing wrong, DO I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD SCENERY FIRST ?????and import with FSI ? Any more and ALL help available would be appreicaited Thanks Jeff Akins:-grr

Guest pilotsim7828

What is the file: Scenery.EPD =(size)136 KB What is it doing in the scenery folder ? Jeff Akins

Do you have Microsoft Flight Simulator?Are the scenery's you are trying to import add on's to flight simulator? Fs-imp does not work with Microsoft Flight Simulator Sceneries that came with the simulator.Is the scenery correctly installed in Microsoft Flight Simulator. Did you go into the Scenery library and Press add find the addon scenery and add it. Check the scenery.cfg file in the Flight Simulator2000 or 2002 main directory is the add on scenery correctly shown.Be sure you carefully read the whole Read Me file. It is very important to do this. You cannot use import without reading this file.If you do not have Microsoft Flight simulator installed on your conputer you must follow the directions on Page 7 of the Read me file.Check that all the files shown on Page 2 of the Readme file are in your FS_imp folder in Fly II, Scenery.I converted the DTW40 Detroit scenery. There is some flickering at the beginning of the runway and the senery comes and goes. I have read somewhere else that this scenery has given them trouble. I have not tried any other sceneries except Norway 07 which for me did not work. What sceneries are you trying to convert, from what website did you dfownload it.Good luck

Guest pilotsim7828

Yes I do have FS2002!No Iam not trying to add the scenery from FS2002, But i thought thatSince you had to find the path to scenery.BGL that it did that for us?I could not understand the readme file very well!Was`nt clear and concise. and easlily understandable to me,as I am not very good with scenery at all I did find everything that the program wanted me to find and it seemed to work , But i did not know that you had to download the scenery from somewhere else , Everything that is installed in FS2002 is orrect and fly! II is the same!are you suppose to put the FSImport folder in the Scenery folde or the Root Folder? Thanks for the help Titus

Guest tonyc

This confusion could be removed if we picked an add scenery together and explained very carefully how scenery.cfg is edited. There's a hell of lot of confusion about the path that FSI looks for when trying to convert scenery. I have successfully converted only one scenery. The others, I simply don't know what I am doing wrong. I prefer to have a non fs2002 folder and create a unique scenery.cfg, but so far things are simply very frustrating. So, here what I suggest, folks, lets pick a simple scenery, and let's see if it converts. IF it does, we'll explain it here. tony

Guest Fly II Pilot

Jeff:Did you read the readme file? It says very clearly that you need to put the FS_IMP folder in the Fly! II main folder:"(1) Unzip the file "fs_imp.zip" into your main Fly!II folderMAKING SURE that the "path" and "all files" checkboxes are selectedfirst."You MUST read the readme file completely before attempting to convert a scenery.I'll try to clarify what you need to do and have:- If you have MSFS2000/2002 and you have downloaded addon sceneries for it, then you don't need to download them again and you will already have a scenery.cfg file in the MSFS scenery folder.- If you don't have MSFS2002/2002 then you need to download the scenery to be converted and create the scenery.cfg file as explained in the readme file.- You cannot convert Microsoft default scenery, only freeware, shareware or commercial addons.- You will need the BGLZIP.exe file which comes with the SDK (I think you already have this).- You need to tell FS_IMP where are the bglzip.exe and scenery.cfg files.Hope this answers your questions.After thoroughly reading the readme.txt file, let me know if you get stuck somewhere or don't understand a specific step or part of the file.Good luck!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Guest Fly II Pilot

Tony:That's a good idea. Pick one, I'll try to convert it and then will explain step-by-step what I did.Now, I don't have MSFS2000 or MSFS2002 so I have all of my MSFS scenery in a C:FS2000Scenery folder. Tell me what should be the typical folder structure for someone who DOES have MSFS installed. I'll place the files there and attempt the conversion as if I DID have MSFS installed.Take care,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Guest Hagar

I have succesfully converted single airports. I NEVER touch "Taxiways" and "Database" in the Output section, becausethen I guess FSI is writing to the Fly2 files, right? And Fly2 has gone down the drain two times for me now...so I am better off making the taxiways myself.Question: I have downloaded a complete FS2002 package for all the airports in Norway. How do I extract a single one? Do I have to give this specific airport an area number first, and in which file do I do that?