Sign in to follow this  
Guest dajackman

Who is flying online ?

For me using Fly II is getting better and better. We have excellent aircraft, good addon scenery and now we can import every FS-scenery.What about online flying and get the expirience of flying in ATC controlled airspace ?Who is already using Fly and squakbox online and in which areas ?

What about making an online flight in Norway, UK or German airspace ?Do you use Roger Wilco, VATSIM or IVAO ?

Guest marcao

I'm flying online in IVAO Network, the most of the time in Brazil, but some times in Europe (LPPT, LEMD, EGLL, EHAM) and USA (KDFW, KMIA).Regards, :-beerchugMarco Antonio SilvaBrazil

Hi all,I have been trying to fly on-line with the PMDG 757. However, I've ran in a number of problems. On the IVAO Networks the flightplan is not seen by the controllers, although it's visible in ServInfo 2.0. Using VATSIM this works fine, but there I have had several times other problems. First of all the SB Window locked up, I could neither move it or minimize it. I was able to fix by cleaning out the SBWindows entries in fly.ini Then several times, of course during approach procedures - very embarrassing the whole thing locked up and the only thing I could do was to reboot the PC.Of course I am using the latest versions of Fly!2 and SB 3.02.I am wondering if other people have similar experiences, because there is almost nothing to find in the forums about Fly!2 and SB 3.0.Perhaps we can persuade Lefteris to fix the problems with SB and perhaps do a better integration with RW.Best regards,--pim

Guest dajackman

I to have had problems with SB. To me, using the fly2 online server with roger wilco is fun enough. Most of my flights are VFR anyway. I setup a dedicated roger wilco server for people to use like this. However I don't think anyone is really using it. The address is rw.flydevelopers.com if anyone is interested.We should organize some online stuff. Maybe a contest to see who can fly the best traffic pattern and put her down on the numbers. Anyone think this would work?

Guest andrewluck

Tried to make a flight from London City to Glasgow last night in the ERJ-145 and using Vatsim (callsign BAW550).Crashed to desktop twice before I realised I'd left multi-player on. Once this was turned off things went a lot smoother. There were some RW problems with London CTR and I couldn't make contact with text so I disconnected, but shortly after found myself looking at the desktop again.I have had better success before but this was probably the first time I'd tried since the 240 patch.Just checked the SimClients website and there's no mention at all about the Fly!2 client although the site is currently being rewritten. I don't know what the current state of licencing is for Squawkbox and whether the source can be made available.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Hi Cord,Flying almost every night in Brazil using IVAO or Fly!'s II multiplayer capability with many interesting and short routes.SBFZ-SBNTSBNT-SBRFSBSP-SBYSSBSP-SBRJSBBR-SBANand taking some time to take a look in my scenarios. :-)Cheers,Keyton Cabral

What do you think about an FLY IN at a certain airport (Europe or USA) on a special day ?;)

Guest dajackman

That sounds good to me. I think we should have two. One in the USA and one in Europe, to cover the time difference. We could get with Dave's Flightboards to get it posted on his site.I would say pick an airport with pretty good scenery, but not too much that some slower computers would have a problem with. We should also get someone to manage ATC services. Hopefully someone that would be pretty good at it. And of course real world weather.And the questions of aircraft. Should we allow any or only Fly2 stock planes. Anyone want to take on this task?

Guest dajackman

FYI, I got on the TRI online server tonight. Could only stay connected for about 5 to 8 minutes and then kept getting booted. That could be a problem :(

When I had only Fly! installed I always flew on-line with a bunch of others. But since upgrading to Fly! II every time I connect to the multiplayer I get disconnected in 10 minutes. Others have had the same problem and it is documented in this forum. Very frustrating. I basically haved stop trying to fly with the multiplayer feature until it becomes more stable.But I doubt it will ever be fixed.Qdog

Guest chezz

Keytonis the above scenery in the library?chris