Sign in to follow this  
Guest dajackman

Who is flying online ?

Hi Chris,Actually I'm working on several brazilian scenarios with very detailed 3D objects and rendered terrain to burn a CD in the future. None of them is available at AVSIM's library (yet) since I have dial connection and it will take forever to upload. ;-)But when I finished, I will find a solution to share with all of you! :-)Take care,Keyton Cabral

Hi to all,I have a problem with the multiplayer.Last week I tried to use the multyplayer with my friend Henri WerijWe are both living in Holland.We had the same problem.Making a connection with the multiplayer was no problem, after aboutone or two minutes however we were disconnected from the server.Reconnecting to the server was only possible after restarting FLY2and we were disconnected after two mnutes again.Last days I tried it again with no luck.The message MULTIPLAYERSESSION DISCONNECTED occurs every two minutesafter being connected.The same goes for Henri.Can anybody tell me what to do?RegardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest dajackman

Anyone think TRI would release the server software? I would be happy with a binary, I'm sure we couldn't get the source. I don't see why thins would be a huge problem. I would be willing to run a Fly server if I could.

TRI can never release this code, as it contains proprietary code that is connected with their security systems. Here is a portion of Rich Harvey's response on this issue when we discussed it a while back in the Beta forum - I believe sharing this part of the conversation will not violate our beta agreements, and it shows that there is probably a way to handle this if someone is willing to take it on:"If someone was going to write a new server, then I'd suggest having them write whatever system they want, then use the SDK to write their own client software to connect. The SDK could also be used to spawn and move remote aircraft so they would be visible in the same world, and to transfer weather and other information (chat) across the network. As long as the user didn't try to connect to our server at the same time, there would be no interference between the two sides.This is part of the side-effect of code sharing. By using a common code base at TRI, we were able to share in new tech and accelerate advancements in Fly!. But, at the same time, we were rolling in code that is dependent across the company, which makes sharing that code more difficult (since other teams are still actively using some of this code in current projects)."

Randall Rocke

Guest dajackman

I don't want their source code. There are many companies that release a binary server for online game play. ID Software released a windows and a Linux server for Quake 3. EA Games has a standalone server for Battlefield 1942, (awsome game I might add!) and there are many others. I don't see the difference here. Tri could offer a compiled binary for those who are interested. I would be willing to sign whatever saying that I would not re-distribute the bin if they want.To me it seems that this would be a good move for TRI. There current server has got problems. Give us the bin and they can take theirs down. One less machine for someone to admin. What I'm wondering is, when the TRI server goes down next, will it ever come back up? Or will we be stuck with vatsim?PS - Last night I connected, got kicked before the engines were started. I'm frustrated here :(

Guest Fly II Pilot

Guys:Brett Evan Russell is aware of this problem and he promised he was going to take a look into it, and I know he will.That's all I can tell you.Be patient.Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Hi all,I am real astonished about the interest of having a FLY IN.I use to fly online via IVAO with Roger Wilco and squakbox and have no expirience with the FLY Multiplayer session.Via IVAO and VATSIM I would coordinate an FLY IN in the Europe region requesting ATC and using FLY scenery.Who is interested ?:-)

Guest dajackman

Alejandro,Thanks for that info. I wasn't aware of that. That gives us a little hope!! We all KNOW we are users of the best consumer flight sim for the PC oh yea, and the MAC. Lets hope he gets it fixed.