Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fly II Pilot

Flattening (again)

Sorry guys for bothering with this topic again. I know there's milion of messages like that.I went through all the posts on the forum and guides I could retrieve re the flattening.I tried to create a new airport (did the db entries in AIRPORT and RUNWAYS). All entries have a fixed altitude (1228 MSL) to avoid problems right at the beginning. Having followed instructions to flatten the area, I imported the area and used Flattenator. First, to create all 4 quarter files I had to set the 'corner' range to 2x2 degrees (strange though). Anyway, by first run it didn't flatten the area so I was well above ground on one side of the runway and sunk on the other.I got a message that the TRN file is not found and therefore the airport is not flattened. But the TRN files physically exist. Tried to copy flattenator files to the Dxxxxxx directory, but didn't help.Well, tried to amend elevations manually in another Flattenator go (in Advanced Editor) and saved. Same message.Tried to manually change elevations in TRN files but DIDN'T HELP.Then tried TerreaScene to do the job but didn't help either.The details are Airport LKBE (Benesov) N49 44 26.12 E14 38 45.89Global Tile 010,168Ground Tile 26,43Super Tile 6,2The airport is right in the middle of the Ground tile (runway length max 2500 feet). Have DEX files for those who would like to help me and give it a try. (Just a note - of course, I've set the elevation points to the same MSL for all adjuscent Grount tiles).I'm running on XP and have the latest FLY2 patch. Thanks for all your help and replies.Rene S.

Guest Fly II Pilot

Send me a message via Avsim... I have a little "utility" that may help...Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB