Sign in to follow this  

Todd Klaus'sTexture Enhancer

I use the default scenery for everything. I just reformated my hard drive by necessity. My motto is if its not broke don't fix it you may make things worse

Absolutely! This makes a huge difference, in that the default color saturation is way below where it was supposed to be when Fly!II was first released. That's why everything looks so faded!Though you can set the saturation level anywhere you want, the default increase of 20% is pretty good, and it matches exactly the difference in color between the default textures and TerraScene. This way, when you render or add TerraScenery, you get the same color saturation on the borders - obviously, this makes for better blending of sceneries.

Randall Rocke

Guest WilliamD

I forgot about the texture enhancer.I've rendered much of the scenery from Los Angeles to Las Vegas and Phoenix, and I've mainly been using the old HITW 15.0 meter/pixel scenery textures. I especially like the Dusty Browns for the desert areas.

G'day Randall,Mate I'm lost trying to follow your post.I am under the impression that Fly!II textures were extracted and loaded into terrascene when I installed terrascene 2.1( 7.5 m/p ) Therefore Fly!II and terrascene use the same texture???I understand that there used to be HITW textures available but were subsequently withdrawn. I don't have these. With that said I do perceive a difference in "Sharpness" at the borders of my project. The generic texture of Fly!II appears to be crisper.Where have I gone wrong! :-)Cheers,Roger @YSSY

I'll pretend I'm a "FlyII expert" for the moment--Todd Klaus's Texture Enhancer was a great addition to Fly!, really brightened things up and, as was already indicated by Randall, matched up the Fly! stock scenery with the Terrascene generated scenery, i.e., by giving the default scenery a color saturation boost to match that given automatically to the Fly! textures by Terrascene. There was an interesting exchange in the old forum between Todd Kaus and Jak Fearon when Todd was about to release it that can be found here: http://www.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID4/17091.htmlDon