Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bart

Really sturdy planes!

I've discovered that even with all realism settings turned on, the Fly2 a/c are really sturdy. I can slew upwards to 40+ feet AGL, and just drop the aircraft onto the runway, with seemingly no ill effects :)Any way to make damage detection a bit more sensitive? Seems hard to damage engines as well, even if you generally abuse them. As far as I know, I have all my realism settings maxed.John/madmax

Guest Fly II Pilot

John:You can certainly edit the .WHL file for that specific aircraft. There's all sorts of parameters that you can modify to suit your needs.However, remember that Fly!II keeps a history of the specific aircraft you're flying, which includes the incremental damage. You may fly around, land hard or pull too many Gs and be able to taxi and quit Fly!II without problem. Next time you start Fly!II and use that aircraft, you may be able to fly around but if land hard or pull more Gs again, you may get a catastrophic damage...Take care,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

G'day John, Tough little buggers aren't they! :-) That translates to about 3000 ft per min vertical impact.No it's not very realistic; but then again neither is slewing.Got some checking to doCheers,Roger @YSSY