Sign in to follow this  

Error Message

Can anyone explain why I get the following error and a crash to the desktop when ever I try to go to the Liverpool,Manchester,Blackpool area scenery's I have the BIBERALL.POD and TM21-256 inplace ErrorUnable to open model:CBLD-03.BINFile:Model.CLine:246Being from the UK I would like to use these scenery's Thank's for any helpWayne Robertsboeingfield@blueyonder.co.ukP.SIf any of or frends from SIMVOL read this how long befor we get the ATR-42?????

Wayne;The referenced file is located in "NY Metro SHARED v1.pod" which is part of Scott Cannizzaro's NY_METRO_SHARED_V1.zip file located in scenery category with an upload date of 9/11/02.BTW: I'm enjoying the heck out of your latest sceneries, like Memphis, Duluth, Unalaska, etc. Keep up the great work. I don't know how you find the time to do all that you do. :-) Regards,Robert

Robert Thanks for the reply ,Cant take the credit I am not the Wayne Roberts who is making all these scenerys ,wish I could dont have the time or no how ?? to do them but they are great and I also enjoy them. Wayne

Robert Have downloaded the file you sugested and put it in the Scenery Shared folder as per instructions .Then tryed to teleport to EGCD Manchester Barton But it still brought the same error and a crash to the desktop???Anymore advice Wayne

Did you by any chance use FS IMP at any time around this area and not deleted the files?Or lost them!!!Does anyone else have problems in this area? What are bin files, are they not used in MSFS?I just thought :()Have you used dex import to put the data into FlyII?All The BestSteve[/div] [align=center]http://mysite.freeserve.com/fly2theuk/aragon.jpg][/divSceneryhttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/search.php?Se...y2tms&Go=SearchRepaintshttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/search.php?Se...y2Air&Go=SearchOther fileshttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/search.php?Se...2Misc&Go=Search

Have never used FS import so dont no anything about thatWayne

Wayne;Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I forgot (*.bin) files need to have a (*.mlf) file located in your Data folder to make reference to the specific (*.bin) file.In this case, "Dave's Models.mlf" which is found in David Arrowsmith's NYC_V1DA.zip located in scenery category with an upload date of 5/31/01.Note: You do not have to install the other files in this zipfile for this *.mlf file to work. And you definately do not want the other files if you have installed the more recent New York city modeling by Scott Cannizzaro.Try this, it should work fine now. And apologies for the mistaken identity to both Wayne Roberts.Regards,Robert

Hi steve Have done the above sugested but had no look still get the crash to desktop and error message when trying to get to any of the UK add on scenery's dont no why all other's work ok USA, France, Swiss, German,Greek ETC ETC would really like to use these UK scenerys .Don't want to reinstall FlyII again have a lot of scenery's in there and tweaks and aircraft ETC ETCThanks Wayne

WayneI just checked it out and neither of the above files are required for the EGCB, EGCC & EGCD scenery. I removed both "NY Metro SHARED v1.pod" from my sceneryshared folder and "Dave's Models.mlf" from my data folder and I still had no problem teleporting or starting at any of those 3 airports. See attached pic.It has to be something else in your scenery files, that I don't have installed, in the vicinity that is looking for the file you referenced in your error message.Sorry, wish I could be more help.Regards,Robert

Robert Thanks for your help I will find out eventually and let you KnowRegardsWayne