Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hagar

Bridge Models for you!

Guest Hagar

I am finishing up a couple of bridge models for you designers out there. All the time I have been making scenery, I have missed bridge models. My country is full of elegant bridges, and the two very typical ones here are modeled after Ask

G'day Andrew,Very nice bridge models! > All the time I have been making >scenery, I have missed bridge models. My country is full of >elegant bridges, I feel the same way about my very small bit of scenery. I think modelling bridges really adds a lot to scenery design.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest Hagar

Hi Roger,I think they are very important, because you often find them near the airports, and they really stand out in the landscape. Glad I am finally able to make them!

Guest Jan

Hello Andrew.Just got your last version.Thanks alot.Looks realy nice, and do all the difference.Keep it up, and I might send the photos of Bybrua (Townbrigde) for Stavanger :-hahJan

Guest Hagar

Jan,You`re welcome. And don`t forget the one crossing Hafrsfjord :-sword

Guest Colins2

AndrewBeautiful models :)How difficult would it be to stretch them, say to fit across the River Humber?Colin

Hi Colin although I did not make 'em at least with max it's easy just scale along the x or y axis. Oh and very nice models BTW!Dan.

Guest Hagar

Hi Colin and Dan,I was in Humberside 2 years ago. Isn`t that bridge a little bit like mine? Stretching them are easy, both in Max and the Fly2 Editor. I`ll put instructions in the readme. In the Fly2 Editor you can zoom the models, also in only one axis. Just keep an eye on the textures! Today I am going to correct the cables on bridge no.2, and upload the bridges this week.Dan, do you know how to make and export a simple light from Max? Would be nice with those two red lights on the towers if the process is not too difficult...

Guest Colins2

Hi Andrew,Yes, very very similar, that's why I asked :)That's when I get chance to do that tile, of course!Colin

Guest Hagar

Colin,Hope the Humber is there by default, so you can use it now. I also have some delayed Tiles because of the problems with elevation data, so I am making some models meanwhile. If you want some text on the Humberside bridge, I can make it!The pic shows both bridges at SFO, just to show their size. The towers on the nearest one is already rebuilt. There may be some flight delays at SFO right now :-D

These models are wonderful, I take my hat off to you :-bluegrab :-eek If you ever do an arched bridge like Sydney's please let me knowAll The BestSteve[/div] [align=center]http://mysite.freeserve.com/fly2theuk/aragon.jpg][/divSceneryhttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/search.php?Se...y2tms&Go=SearchRepaintshttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/search.php?Se...y2Air&Go=SearchOther fileshttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/search.php?Se...2Misc&Go=Search

Guest Hagar

Steve,If I make more bridges of different kinds, they will be uploaded.That`s a promise :)

Guest Rob Westhouse

If so, simple, generic, flat double and multiple lane bridges of various lengths would be nice. Ones that sit very low to the ground and with low framerate impact.The Lions Gate Bridge in Vancouver, Canada would be nice. Something that does not impact framerates too much. A picture and brief details can be viewed at the following link. http://www.b-t.com/projects/liongate.htmVANCOUVER SCENERYI have been working on Vancouver Scenery for the last month. TerraScene is currently processing my latest hand edited Day, Night and Watermask images based on Candian CLI LandUse data. Hopefully they will be ready for slicing and pod generation overnight. My Pentium II 400Mhz is complaning about the workload.For those who are curious, I have the following done or in the works:Improved TRI coastline for CYVR, Sea Island. No more sinking off taxiway A or south aprons. Thank you Colin.Repositioned Runways at CYVR, including Rwy 26A that was too far south along with the most detailed taxiways for Vancouver yet. Runways and taxiways now match the CAP Airport diagram almost perfectly.Terramodels Airport buildings and taxiway signs.Repositioned buildings downtown and at CYVR - TRI left them lying all over the place.Andrew Farnaby's Terminal Building from Fly! 1.0 - You there Andrew Farnaby? Contact me if you are... westhouse@lycos.comAccurate Sea Island, Fraser River, Burrard Inlet, Port Moody, Stanley Park, Lost Lagoon, Deadman's Island, False Creek, and downtown coastline around Canada Place.Optional GTOPO elevations for southern BC.I might include Vancouver Heliports, Delta Heritage Airpark CAK3 and Squamish CYSE aiport. Perhaps even a few ships in the area. So far, things are looking real good. Framerates are flyable on my stoneage computer although nightlites really tax the system. Pretty good considering my system is below the Fly! 2 recommended system. I hope to post some images in the next few weeks. Just wish I had a system that could really make them shine.Well, back to work...http://members.shaw.ca/fly2/images/snoopyace.gifRob Westhouse, VE5VKSaskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada"Land of Living Skies"