Sign in to follow this  

News from ROTW

Hello everybody !Many works just uploaded :-kewl VolNav beta 4 with english help. You need to download also Fly_ATSROUTE_0302.zip if you want to use airways. This ATS file will be updated monthly with NIMA DAFIF !Since last september I have tested on Simvol NIMA DAFIF data to update COMM.POD, NAVAID.POD, ILS.POD and WAYPOINT.POD every month.Now every month you'll find also on avsim update (DEX format) for these POD.I have just uploaded complete POD with DAFIF data from January. I created empty POD and apply data from NIMA so there are not any old data in this POD. I upload also update (DEX) for february. And soon update for March ;) Didier RigaultROTW Team

Hello Didier,Before I download 'VolNav beta 4' and 'Fly_ATSROUTE_0302.zip' I would like to make sure this is for Fly!II. I noticed that the colour is bold green with a 'FLy!' indication while fly!II items are normally in light green ...Pls advice, thanks, Marc

Bonjour Didier, merci infiniment pour tout votre travail dur. Vous des types

Guest ben_

Thank you Didier for your great programBen

Hello MarcVolNav is ONLY for Fly!2. I did a mistake when downloadin and didn't take care about Fly

Didier,Merci pour votre reponse...thanks for the great add-on and the DAFIF updates...I am going to try it ...Marc

Didier,Thank you very much for this wonderful work! I have a few questions and concerns that may help avoid conflicts with other updates:1. I take it these are complete pods with the updates already added - that persons using them will need to remove the current (place them in backup) and replace them with your updated versions?2. Since these are new pods, all updates and fixes and custom adjustments by other authors (such as myself) will be gone - people will need to reapply the other fixes?3. Unique IDs in TRI are built upon certain aspects of NIMA DAFIF info. Brad Bauer was working on providing the some of the same DAFIF updates that you have, (though he is also working on AIRPORT, RUNWAY, and ATSROUTE) and noticed that there were specific patterns to the Unique IDs for NAVAIDS and WAYPOINTS, but that some DBDs appeared to have no standard ID design (RUNWAY, ILS, etc.).Since many of my updates have been associated with ILS and Approach data, they contain my own unique IDs, especially for ILS updates. If your pods contain some of the same ILS transmitters and/or navaids and someone reapplys my DEXs (containing some of the same items but with different IDs and maybe in slightly different locations) what happens?

Randall Rocke

Randall1. I choose that way to offer complete POD which contains ONLY DAFIF data in January. It's to avoid old and wrong datas. 2. so you need to apply again all your own DEX3. if ID are differents there will be both in the POD :-( DAFIF are not complete and ILS, NDB and terminal waypoint are missing. There are only ILS for airport that are interesting for US Air Force. Same thing for terminal waypoint. So on Simvol we added ILS, NDB and terminal waypoint for France in DEX than we need to import in above POD.Each mont I create DEX wich contains added data and other to be deleted. I didn't create the same POD/DEX for airport and runways as there are small changes between DAFIF and TRI lat/lon so all works with taxiways should be out. I think it's the way than TRI rounded the internal value of lat/lon. Sorry if my english is not very good Didier

Didier,Just to be sure, the PODs you have uploaded contain ALL of the original TRI data plus the DAFIF additions and changes?I will search through each of your pods for any conflicts with my current fixes and additions. If I find any, I will remake those records to remove any conflicts. If there are numerous problems, I will remove the originals from Avsim and replace them with compatible versions.If I have trouble identifying the Unique ID procedures you used for each DBD type, I will post back here for clarification, as I will have to match them for erasure, etc.

Randall Rocke

>The help is in the doc !>>Volnaven.docHi Didier, thanks.I've looked, but still cannot find the Volnaven.doc file, if its in the Beta 4 file, I cannot find it, or perhaps I am looking in the wrong place ?Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Randall,You said Just to be sure, the PODs you have uploaded contain ALL of the original TRI data plus the DAFIF additions and changes?No it's ONLY complete DAFIF data without any old TRI data to avoid obsolete one.Except for COM all "Key unique", if exist, are those fro TRI, wich are those of NIMA. I did a program to keep those of TRI if these are not from NIMA.- NAVAID.POD : same key than in TRI easy to build - ILS.POD : basicly ID from TRI (time stamp) but random for the new one (time stamp)- WAYPOINT.pod : : same key than TRI (name + country)- COMM.POD : all are new ID build as follow : airport key (for ex AA30079) + com type (for ex AP for approach or GN for ground) for a maximum length of 9 characters + zero terminal : AA30079APFor ILS (and COMM) I think it was not a good choice to use random code. It could be possible to use the same way for ILS than for COMM but ALL user of Fly should agree !Exemple FR49168IM : Inner markerFR49168OM : outer markerFR49168GL : glideFR49168DM : DMEFR49168LC : localizerand so on..DidierROTW team

Didier,Thanks for the information on your IDs - this is really important, as any editing of DBs that is shared with the community must have the same ID structure or we are due for many conflicts!Concerning ILS IDs: I have built some new ILS and Localizer systems for airports that were missing more than one in the original Fly!II installation. At one airport, I had to add three missing localizers. Using my own ID system, each localizer and its allied components was assigned its own letter & number for each approach. For ex: R3TYSA1, R3TYSA2 would be compponents of one localizer, while R3TYSB1 & R3TYSB2 would be components of the next.Using your system, the components would be:US55834LC, US55834OM, US55834MM, US55834IM, & US55834GLNow, how do I do the next approach for the same airport? Is 9 the maximum number of characters or can we add another digit?How about we use a shared code that identifies the component type in one letter?Localizer: LGlide slope: GInner Marker: IMiddle Marker: MOuter Marker: ODME: DNow we have room for another digit that identifies the separate approaches: US55384L1, US55384L2, US55384D1, US55384M3, etc.?

Randall Rocke