Sign in to follow this  
Guest pilotsim7828

Transparency on wheel pants ?

Guest pilotsim7828

How can i fix the Transparency on the Wheel Pants, I have noticed a lot of pics on the forum and i Could use some HELP!!!! in fixing this problem. I did go into the Render.INI file and tried to adjust some numbers, But i dont want to mess around too much in there, Until someone Could help. Thanks Jeff Akins:-eek

Guest pilotsim7828

WHAT!!! Are you telling me that i have to use that pesky CTRL buttonWhen fly! II loads up. And where is the Keyframe editor, Can you spread some light ! Also The Part`s List Where would i find the part, to See if the transparency is turned off ? But thanks for such a fast RESPONSE, I could not belive that Some one has such lighting fast fingers! Jeff Akins

Guest Bart

be brave young patawan :)* Yep ctrl to open the menu* click on Keyframe editor* load model (think it's #1)* choose your model from the list* (think it's #5) Parts list* choose the part from the list and hit enter, check if transparency is turned on for that part, if it is turn it off then just esc out and see if that fixes it.If you blow anything up I'm having Tom delete this thread cause I never said nothin'!! :)c ya :-waveBart flyhelp@zoomtown.comhttp://bartsflyplace.tripod.com/pics/ryans...ight/flight.gif http://bartsflyplace.tripod.com/bart_logo3.jpg

Guest pilotsim7828

I try it , Bart! I dont blame you for deleting the thread , Because I`m REAL GOODAt reformatting this computer. Plenty of Practice ya know Thanks Jeff:-lol Well, I did`nt take me long to find out what i did right.Went as bart said, NO JOY !(as in didnt work)Then went to the fly.ini, THAT DID`NT WORK !! All It was ; Was that in the Start up screen , I had Bit Depth=lessthan 32mb I had Video render =Less than 32 mb. Changed both of those to 32 MB or more depending on video render , as i have a 64 mb Card And walla! Also thanks for all the people who try so hard to help other people figure out these problems in this forum, There are SO MANY To thank.Jeff

Guest DNelson

I dunno, the idea of transparent pants just kinda scares me. :-eek Dan

Guest pilotsim7828

Yeah , I know what you mean, What next Transparent Cockpits!:-eek :-lol

Guest pilotsim7828

I know what you mean, What next.. Transparent cockpits !:-eek :-lol

Better late than never -I have had this problem for years and your idea worked for me too. I set the colour depth to 32bit. This not only solves polygon problems within a single model it also solves the display problems with multiple models. Now there are no more models fighting with each other. I suppose that choosing 32bit colour depth also selects 32bit Z-buffer on some systems. This might explain the reason why it works.Clouds now also look like clouds. I used to think that the problem was my monitor.However, my FPS have naturally suffered and so I will have to go tweeking! Padraic (Podjoe) Morgan.

Guest pilotsim7828

Hello Mr. Morgan ;Isnt it nice to share ideas, And then get it to work like it suppose to... Jeff Akins:-bluegrab