Sign in to follow this  

Error opening VolNav

Guest marcao

Hi All,I downloaded and installed VolNav (english version) according to the readme but when I open it there's a window message that says: "Stream read error". I click OK and the program opens, but I don't see the airways nor my route. Can someone say me what mistake have I made?I have a Volnav folder with liste.txt, nav.ini, VolNav.Exe and world5000s.map. I also have a SIDSTAR folder.Regards, :-beerchugMarco Antonio SilvaBrazil

Guest tonyc

Be sure to download the ATSroutexxx.zip from ROTW if you want the airways to display. Can you tell us where Volnav is located? It should be in the FLY2 directory. I have been using VolNav for quite some time and it works beautifully. Be sure to try a simple flight plan and save it as a *.sit file in the Saved situations folder. tony

Guest marcao

Hi Tony!I download and installed ATSroute.Volnav is in the Fly2 directory.I tried a simple flight plan and Fly!II could not open it.I tried a reinstall, but when I run it for the first time, after asking the location of Fly!'s folder and Infometar's folder, I get the error message.Any other tip?Regards, :-beerchugMarco Antonio SilvaBrazil

Guest tonyc

If you have Persistent World as a start option or if you've checked off persistent world in VolNav, don't do it for now. Go into the systems folder and remove the autosave file. Try again. Let me know. tony

Tony, I get the same error message on loading as Marco, even though I have no autosave file in the system directory. That Stream read error box has an OK button. When I click on that, the program seems to load OK. I can create a flightplan and save it as a *.sit file in the Saved simulations directory (I think that's where it goes). I exit VolNav, then reload it, with the same Stream read error, get into the program, but I can not open the saved flightplan (I get an access violation error). One other thing I noticed so far--no aircraft appear in the list box of aircraft, so none can be selected after creating and/or saving the flightplan. Checking the nav.ini file shows that the correct drive and directory are listed. In fact, I'll paste the contents here--maybe it will help. By the way, I did copy atsroute.pod into the system directory.[View]idealDist=0grid=1showMaps=1planning=1vor=0ils=0ndb=0airports=1markers=0obstruct=0waypoint=1id=0freq=0showAirportZones=0largeSymbols=1showGrid=0airport=1marker=0hiway=0loway=0idway=0name=0left=-328082.029850746right=-302693.970149254top=155754.5bottom=145629.5mag=7mag2=0waypointT=0waypointE=0namewpt=0airway=1[directory]FlyDir=D:Fly2InfoMetardir=C:Program FilesSandbergInfoMETAR[aircraft]last=TRI Flyhawk[language]english=1

In the above, the bracketed text above last=Trihawk and english=1 do not appear, as you might expect, but are present in the ini file.

Guest marcao

Tony, I have no autosave file, and persisten world is off.Reading Mark's post, I can say I have the same exact situation.Regards, :-beerchugMarco Antonio SilvaBrazil

Hello everybody:-( I'm very sorry but there is a mistake in Fly2_ATSROUTE_0302.zip. Something wrong append during podding.Please use this one (january data)ATSroute.podI'll update this data with march airac ! Soon :-) Didier

MarcoWhere did you find an "English version"? I d/l both VolNav_beta3 and 4 from SIMVOL site and even though I took French in high school, a few moons ago, just can't get enough info to try the program.Thanks,Robert

Guest marcao

Robert, the version I downloaded is called volnav_beta4_en-001.zip.I suposed that _en means english :-)Regards,Marco Antonio SilvaBrazil

Thanks found it in Fly! Navigation category at AVSIM.Robert

Didier, your replacement ATSroute.pod did the trick. No errors on loading, I can create, save and reload the flightplan, and the aircraft appear in the listbox. I haven't tried it in Fly2 just yet (I just got home). That's next. I very much appreciate having your flightplanner.

I am also having trouble using VolNav which looks like a great program.When I try to launch VolNav I get the message:"Access violations at address 0041B873 in module 'VOLNAV.EXE'. Read of address FFFFFFFF"If I proceed past this point the planner seems to operate as described except that I am unable to load aircraft and Fly will not load the flight plan.I have installed Fly2_ATSROUTE_0301.Any advice will be appreciated.David

David, I'd only be grasping at straws by offering advice, but I'll try anyway. Once I replaced the Atsroute.pod in the Fly!II system directory, as advised above by Didier, everything worked perfectly. I also tested the flightplan in Fly2.Before I replaced the old ATSroute.pod with the new one, I was getting almost the same access violation error message as yours. Apparently the access violation error you get occurs when you launch the program, whereas I was only getting it when I had reopened a saved flightplan I had previously created in Volnav (I was getting the Stream read error upon launch). Under your circumstances, I would go over the installation again as described in VolNaven.doc to be sure I had the directories and the files properly placed. You can check the nav.ini file in Notepad to see if the directory for your Fly!II installation is correctly identified; ditto for Infometar (see my post above, which pertains to my installation). I don't know if it matters, but I also expanded the sidstar samples into the sidstar directory under Fly!II. I wish I could be more help.Good luck.

Hi MarkThanks for the advice. I've re-installed everything and checked the Nav.ini file. Unfortunately I get the same error message as soon as VolNav starts. I guess I'll wait until another version and hope that it works for me.David