Sign in to follow this  

My first attempt at fixing runways so don't laugh

Randall>Example: Check the pod and see what order TRI has them >listed. If Rwy 33 follows Rwy 25 in the pod, have the DEX >first DELETE the existing Rwy 33 and Rwy 25 records, then >replace them with the Rwy 33 record first followed by your >displaced version of Rwy 25? I presumed that checking TRI's order meant opening runway.dbd with VolEdit and checking the "Unique rwy key" number for both runways. If so, rwy 25 (3EB1D15B) was before rwy 33 (3EB1D15C). So I created one dex to delete both records and a second dex to reload flip-flopping the key numbers, rwy 25 (...C) and rwy 33 (...:(. Checked the pod file after applying the dex files and they were as expected r33 before r25.However it did nothing at the site, r33 still on top of r25. Also tried changing rwy elevation data to see if that might drop end of 33 below 25, nope. Not that I would want to do this permanently anyway but worth a "what if".So I took another look at the USGS map I d/l the other day and guess what?...rwy 33 is sitting on top of rwy 25 and they have applied the number "25" just past the rwy 33 overlap. :-) Not sure if this "solution" can be accomplished in Fly.Regards,Robert

Robert,>Not sure if this "solution" can be accomplished in Fly.The ony way I can think of would be to apply a custom bitmap to that runway and link it to the DBD record.

Randall Rocke

RobertI found that extending the length for the Displaced Threshold is one way to get it to look something like it actually does at Detroit. For some reason I can