Sign in to follow this  
Pascal_LSGC

What to do with flydevelopers.com

I second that. A forum dedicated to FS_imp is a good idea. Tbere are a lot of questions that are not answered in the read-me file. I like the idea. I just registered with developers.com. I did not know it existed. Another forum I would like to see is one dedicated to Terra Scene.tmendell@comcast.net

Guest dajackman

Matthew, that would be possible. Great points made by everyone. I am currently looking into a new way of handling file uploads. Hopefully I can find a secure and more feature solution. Thanks to everyone who gave input.I too can't wait for panel maker!!!

Guest chezz

I think your site is the best place where projects can be tested. Like in my case I messed up with my first repaint when I upload it in the AVSIM library. But having a place like your site where we can upload our projects and have it tested by othere FLYers before releasing it to the community will be of great help.Keep it up Sir.chrisphilipines

Guest dajackman

I am trying to address some of the concerns that were made here. Thanks to everyone for their input. I have installed a new system for handling uploading and downloading of files. The new system will allow a direct upload to the system verses the old, having to wait for me to manually add it.As with some of the other problems with people not being able to login. I think most of those are cookies related and settings in MS IE. I am still working this issue.Thanks again to all the developers here that make FLY what it is!

Flyfisher - for what it's worth, I agree with you 100% on why Fly isn't more popular than it is. It's capable of being a fantastic sim, but it requires a lot of effort to get it there. Out of the box, it would be disappointing to somebody just wanting an "install and go" type program, and that's probably what 95% of "casual simmers" want.I've been working on Terrascening the western seaboard of the US, from Washington down to southern Calif, ranging from 140 to 350 miles inland. The whole thing is going to be many CPU hours and lots of hand-massaging of data, so it'd be nice if I could share that work to save other people the time and effort. But the best that can be done is to u/l project files, which still leaves everyone the burden of the render time, possibly hand-editing bitmaps afterwords to remove artifacts near costs, knowing how to install and run Terrascene, and actually finding the motivation to do it.I think the other problem Fly faces is that it appeals to a more "hard core" type of simmer, the kind who enjoys using checklists from the real planes to start up their planes in the simulator. That kind of simmer is a small minority compared to people who don't care much about realism, but want (A) tons of different planes to collect and (:( good out of the box eye candy. Fly has neither of those things, so it won't appeal to the bulk of the simming market.