Sign in to follow this  
flyfisher

Ok guys! Now it's your turn!!

Guest Josve

With a lot of help from my good friend Andrew the Fly2 tips&tricks page is now upped!(well he did all the work)Take a look and come with some input on things that is missing and should be there! How to do stuff and things like that! Johnny"I'LL BE BACK"[div align=center]http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/zone.jpg ][/div

Guest tonyc

What a great site, Johnny. Keep up the good work!tony

Guest Jan

Johnny, thanks for your great site.And Andrew, thanks for your hintsand tips.Nice to have it at one place.Great work.Andrew, now that you can make those lovely bridges, what about some nice BIG oilrigs? That can be landed on with choppers :)Jan

Guest Colins2

Jan,Now there's a great idea :)Colin

Guest Hagar

Hehehe...Gotta start my own design bureau soon :)I agree, it is a good idea. And I have been out there so many times that I have a lot of picture material. I am planning to make a Shuttle Tanker too, the one I`ve been sailing on for years. But right now the Lions Gate Bridge are coming up, and I have some other small bridges to model. After that, a few modern gates for terminals.BTW Johnny, nice working session last evening!

JohnnyYeah that's a great 'one stop site'. Here's some 'photo real' UK scenery that you missed -for the Europe Scenery-England page, although you'll need to open a new 'Wales' page for one of Paul's as well!. (Similar to photo scenery that simmers on another well known 'flight sim program' have to pay for.)Category: Fly! II Scenery Heathrow Zone File Description:Hi-res scenery for 1/4 globe tile 255-170NE (Heathrow and Central London). Filename: uk4fly-01.zip Added: 16th September 2002 Author: David Taylor Size: 84649kb Category: Fly! II Scenery---------------------------------------------------------------------UK NW Scenery-Part 4 Woodvale File Description:Photo realistic scenery north of Liverpool and includes Woodvale (EGOW), Warton (EGNO) and Blackpool (EGNH). The scenery goes as far as Fleetwood and the the river Wyre.Filename: woodvale.zip Added: 20th November 2002 Author: Paul Brooks Size: 137699kb ----------------------------------------------------------------------Category: Fly! II Scenery UK NW VFR Scenery-Part 1 North Wales File Description:North Wales photo realistic scenery includes Caernarfon (EGCK), Valley (EGOV) and Llanbedr (EGOD). Filename: northwales.zip Added: 20th November 2002 Author: Paul Brooks Size: 235465kb ----------------------------------------------------------------------Category: Fly! II Scenery UK NW VFR Scenery-Part 2 Manchester EGCC File Description:Manchester airport photo real scenery. Includes Manchester (EGCC), Woodford (EGCD) and Liverpool (EGGP). Filename: manchesteregcc.zip Added: 20th November 2002 Author: Paul Brooks Size: 146206kb ----------------------------------------------------------------------Category: Fly! II Scenery UK NW VFR Scenery-Part 3 Manchester Woodhead File Description:Manchester airport approach area photo real scenery. No airports, complements Manchester EGCC. Filename: manchesterwoodhead_107716.zip Added: 18th November 2002 Author: Paul Brooks Size: 77709kb ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Also a doc for helping to make this stuff-alas it's getting to be out of date already, still-Category: Fly! II Scenery UK4FLY Scenery Manufacture Doc File Description:'How to' Word document detailing steps to make hi-res UK scenery for FLY!11 Filename: uk4flyscenerymanufacture.zip Added: 25th September 2002 Author: David Taylor Size: 2928kb

Johnny and Andrew,That's very useful and a great addition.I've been busy loading some of the scenery so I can now tweak settings and begin to really enjoy FlyII.Hopefully in the near future I should be able to e-mail you some tips or answers to questions I had during this process.3nm NNE NZGS:-wave

Johnny and Andrew,Thanks for the great FAQ, I'm sure we can add some more tips to the list: there are a many undocumented features in Fly! II as well as some bugs easy to solve.I start:Feature: Use CTRL + mouse to easily move the panel around.Bug: If you lowered maximum visibility in the scenery options and can't raise it again, do this:-open the weather-other dialogue and set the visibility slider under ten miles-in the scenery options, set the desired max visibility value-maximize visibility again in weather-other box.Cheers!Pascal