Sign in to follow this  

ATCsynth

Greetings and salutations everyone,I'm recently back into the FlyII scene (finally got a system that can handle it). I had to reinstall everything from scratch, patched to the latest and greatest and everything works great.My dilemma is this.... I downloaded and istalled ATCsynth version 1.3 and moved the appropriate files to the appropriate folders. D/L Microsoft SAPI 4.0 and the TTS engine with British English voices and installed them. I have no conflicting scripts that I know of. I deactivated the Fly ATC per the instructions but when I tune a frequency (ATIS or otherwise) I get no voices. The documentation stated something about customized ATCsynth.ini files ("....i.e. ATCsynth_ini_eng.zip....") but have not been able to locate any such file. Am I missing something here?Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to get this working to see what it sounds like otherwise I'll just go back to default ATC.Thanks in advance.AMD XP 2400+SB Audigy Gamer512MB RamMSI KT4 UltraMSI GeForce4 Ti4200 128mb 8x AGPBing

Bing,I hope you can get some help for ATCsynth.In the meantime, there is a much better ATC system available than the default. I highly recommend C4TO (Cleared 4 Takeoff). This ATC script requires the latest version of Flyscripts! to be installed.

Randall Rocke

Guest ben_

BingYou don't mention which Operating System you use - if like me you have W98SE, then unfortunately ATCSynth doesn't work.Ben

Hmmm....did forget to mention that didn't I. I'm running windows XP.Bing

Guest ben_

BingYou are aware that this is one of many great programs produced by one of the members of ROTW (Rest Of The World) which creates the best aircraft, etc addons. I don't know how good your french is ; but, if you visit http://fly.simvol.org/ they have forums (in french ) as well. The reason I point this out is because they don't necessarily read our english forums everyday, so if there is some way of highlighting it over there, they may come to your request sooner :-)Ben

BingThere is mistake in the english help : the ini file is in ATC_english.zip as other languages in ATC_deutch.zip, ATC_espanol.zip, ATC_francais.zip !DidierROTWATCsynth author