Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

Flight planner crash

Guest danowat

Hi,I have tried searching this forum but for whatever reason the search does not seem to work.I have recently installed FLY!2 and all it patches, I have just tried to plan a flight using the flight planner, but when I hit generate route it just crashes to the desktop.Anyone know why this is?Thanks in advanceDan.

Guest tonyc

A bit more information might help,Dan.Have you tried different airports? Does FLY2 crash at all when you're flying?tony

Guest danowat

Hi Tony,I have tried loads of different airports but the same thing happens, and no I have not had FLY crash when I am flying only when I try to generate a route.I was thinking about reinstalling it but I did'nt want to have to download ALL of the patches again.ThanksDan.

Guest tonyc

Dan, I am afraid that you need to start from scratch and "test" the flight planner before and after every upgrade. I tested mine, since I use VolNav( and not the flight planner in FLY2)and it works fine. Something must have happened between upgrades, so as a programmer you know what you need to do. Again, FLY2's flight planner works fine on my system, so it must be something to do with your configuration. Don't get discuraged : it will all be worth it. In th emeantime, try VolNav and see if FLY crashes. You can get it on AVsimand far better then Fly's.tony