Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steve Brown

Snow Scenery Alaska v1

Guest ben_

To those who might be interestedJust uploaded some Alaskan bush scenery using Vin Scimone's fantastic Winter models.It's set near Glacier National Park.The file contains scenery, weather metar file (downloaded last Christmas Eve with David's Infometar), and a situation file which expects to find this metar file.http://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DLID=27658My first upload so not too hard on me if there are any problems :-)Ben

Guest Steve Brown

Hi Ben :-wave I gave you a call, but you were out ;-) A very nice cabin you have there. Vins models look wonderful in such a beautiful setting. I took off and went to Haines via a few close brushes with those mountains. I dropped out of the clouds at one paint, was that the metar?Very well doneSteveSceneryhttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/search.php?Se...y2tms&Go=SearchRepaintshttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/search.php?Se...y2Air&Go=SearchOther fileshttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/search.php?Se...2Misc&Go=Search

Guest ben_

..I gave you a call, but you were out ;-):-lol Well it's B and B you know - you bring the beverages and there's always a spare bed :-)I assume the change in clouds is due to david's great Infometar, after I downloaded the metar and used his thinning capability for the part of Alaska in question I just used it as is. I really like setting clouds and snow for a pretty picture, but that variability of look and sound is certainly great.I had been looking forward to Vin's models for about a 12 month period between his first shots and their availability, so I was relly pleased when the y became available.Once I had created the scenery and then opened the metar file, it just took me back to the Fly!2k scenario feeling where the glow of the gauges, the look of the clouds covering the mountains and the sound of rain just gives a feeling of compete immersion.Anyhow glad you like it too :-)Ben

Guest Roy

Nice work, Ben.But what is this: "...and once over the water keep 'leftish' and head for Haines."'Leftish', is that a new navigational term? :-hmmmI don't think I've heard that one before. :-lol :-lolRoy B. :-waveOslo, Norway

Guest ben_

SteveThanks again.Forgot to say great screenshot above.Ben

Guest ben_

RoyNot left enough and you hit Skagway.Too much left and you hit a mountain.Leftish seemed about just right :-)Ben

Av bean at it now for a fuw days unt cant get it in, will can you help me. And so also snow can not drop in the sky in the proer way what does I do for this?Thanks for helpin me nowIvor Bigne

Guest ben_

IvorI'm not sure exactly what your problem is.1: Are you seeing buildings?2: Are you seeing clouds?3: No snow. -- Although the scenery is winter scenery, buildings and trees/forest in a snow background, the metar is rain clearing as you head to haines. -- For snow, set weather dialogI don't have Fly!2 going at the moment, so the following should work precipitation: heavy snow temp: 35 deg F / 3 deg C dew point: 33 deg F/ 1 deg C visibility: 5 miles clouds: use the 2 layer settings few and scattered as came in the metar (If you have it?)Ben

Guest ben_

aaghshould be temp lower than dew point :-)temp: 33 deg F / 1 deg Cdew point: 35 deg F/ 3 deg CBen