Sign in to follow this  
Guest Allan Jones

Southeast Alaska elevations now in the library.

For those of you with good graphics cards, enjoy!Don

Guest GOODY

Don:I e-mailed you about an installation problem.Can you reply to me?GoodyGoody@cableone.net

Guest desmondw

Hi Goody & Don, Is that the same installation problem that I am having which is, when I try to copy the Pod file to the SouthEast Alaska folder I just get an error sound & it does not copy, also I tried to Unzip the file to a temporary folder using Winzip & I get the error message: Invalid compressed data to inflate, when I ask for details this is what I get:Extracting to "c:unzippedsealaska"Use Path: yes Overlay Files: noExtracting SEAlaska.scfExtracting SEAlaska.PODError: invalid compressed data to inflateInterruptedI am looking forward to using this new SE Alaska so hope someone can tell me a way around this problem. Many thanks to all of you for making Fly!! even better.Desmond

Guest ben_

DonReally looking forward to using your improved elevation scenery .ThanksBen

Guest WilliamD

Same error here..."invalid compressed data" when Winzip tries to extract the large POD file.

Guest Allan Jones

Don,The unzippers that I always use on the Mac for Fly! add-ons in .zip format (Stuffit 6 and 7) are reporting similar errors to those reported by WinZip users. I tried with the latest SW version and it gave the error in the first pix below. As the newest version still has a couple of rough edges, I dropped back to "Old Reliable" v6 and still had problems (pic 2).

Guys,I'm very sorry about the bad upload. I uploaded yesterday morning and then rushed out the door for a Boy Scout outing with my son. Just got back and saw these messages. I've created a new zip file and it seems to work just fine. I'll have it reuploaded shortly, minus the .bmp which also seemed to create some problems.Thanks for your patience, I hope you'll give it another try.Don

Guys,I'm very sorry about the bad upload. I uploaded yesterday morning and then rushed out the door for a Boy Scout outing with my son. Just got back and saw these messages. I've created a new zip file and it seems to work just fine. AVSIM seems pretty busy right now but I'll have it reuploaded shortly, minus the .bmp which also seemed to create some problems.Thanks for your patience, I hope you'll give it another try.Don

Guest Allan Jones

Not to worry, Don. Kids come first!!

It's up now and appears to be working. Thank you AVSIM!Don

Guest tonyc

Don, how about a few airports for reference? thanks.tony

Guest desmondw

Hi Don, I have downloaded your new SE Alaska & visited the airports you suggest in your readme file & everything looks superb with no problems.Thanks again for your great work.Desmond

Thanks, that's really good to hear.Don

Guest Allan Jones

Don,Now working great (if not fast!) on my old Mac with a wimpy vidcard.We are planning a trip to AK and my wife was "wowed" be the scenery.Thanks,Allan