Sign in to follow this  
Avcomware

Speechbuddy2 for FlyII.

Hello, everyone.I wanted to let everyone know that the new Speechbuddy2 utility, free and very flexible and powerful utility, has a module that can be used by the Fly!II users, if you need more info, or help, post here.SpeechBuddy

Guest ben_

TVSounds great, but I think it has the XP requirement which leaves my 98SE system out :-(Ben

Hi, Ben and everyone.Speechbuddy2 will run on 98SE or XP, and I think any, or most, other OSs. I use with both 98SE and XP. TV

Hi TV,I've downloaded and installed SpeechBuddy2. I cannot locate SAPI5 at MSDN or Microsoft (even via the link in the readme file). I can only find the Speech SDK 5.1.Were you able to locate & download the SAPI?How's the performance of SpeechBuddy2 with FlyII?Bob Lyddy

Hi, Bob. Sorry about the delay. I was out doing some real flying in a typical, for SoCal, severe clear with 4 SM visibility.When I got mine, about 6 months ago, I think I have seen both, but I got the SDK,

TV,Thanks. Just completed downloading the SDK and now in the process of 'training'.Is there anything special I need to do, like build scripts, etc. for use with FlyII?Thanks for your assistance,Bob

TV,WOW!!! Just comlpeted some initial training and fired up FlyII with the Cessna 172. SpeechBuddy2 is great it recognized my flap and light settings.I still need to do some additional speech training, but SpeechBuddy2 is simply another tool that adds to this wondeful hobby.Are there certain things SpeechBuddy2 won't recognize?Bob

Hi, Bob.I get an exceptional recognition. In the old days, mid 80s, I worked on a hardware solution to get a fast recognition algorithm, and were not even close to what I can get now with SAPI5. Of course the system

Hi TV,Thanks for the offer of the dws and xml files and yes I'll be glad to try them. I don't understand why we cannot set the NAV/COMM radios since we're able to set the flaps/landing gear. Maybe one of the wonderful developers in our community will be kind and develop the interface (dll?).I'll see what I can do about developing checklists for aircraft and will upload them.Bobrlyddy@comcast.net

Hi, Bob.Here are a couple of checklists that I generated, Ihave many more for 182 / heavies used in 2k2. Replace the <> with the Square brackets. I have some more for the 2k2 aircraft. I hope someone will write an interface utility to give us access to the radios, heading etc. At this point it cannot be done because there are no keyboard commands, only mouse clicks, that you can use to set the frqs. In Fly!II.You can search for