Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steve Brown

A Scenery Problem

Guest Eagle

There appears to be a problem when creating scenery for several airports that use the same folder. While creating scenery for LAX I found that scenery had already been created for VNY, SMO and TOA. All the scenery files were named SCENERYB and were in the Fly/Data directory and folder 171153. This becomes a problem when placing dynamic vehicles at the airports. Since they all have the same scenery file only one of the airports will have moving vehicles. The way to solve this would be to change the SCENERYB file to another name, such as SCENERYBvny.s11, SCENERYBsmo.s11 etc. By doing this the vehicles will move at each of the airports. For those who have downloaded my scenery for the three airports I have developed a document describing how to make the changes. As soon as I can get into flydevelopers.com I will upload the file. I will post a version 2 for each of these airports at AVSIM, however, that version will be in conflict with the original scenery for those airports. Any person who downloaded the first version will have to delete that version in order to use version 2. I hope this is clear to everyone and if not leave your comments here and I will try and answer them.

hi I ve ben having this problem in getting in and when I did I getting in I cant get out to it again. Until now its ok but then its not.So I change scenery and see OK friend fine I will do it then nowthanksSorry of english pleaseIvor Bigne