Sign in to follow this  
KenWood

More UK Scenery

Guest Paul Brooks

The pics are od Tees-Side, and contrails over Sheffield,Hopefully they will be available shortly.Paul

Guest Paul Brooks

>Fantastic I cant wait for this Paul. >What is the file size going to be? >Steve >Hi Steve,I'm hoping to upload as jpgs and then people can generate their own from the file.It will be necessary to use Infranvieww to convert the jpgs to tga, but I have been doing it here and it difinately works.Each file , Birmingham, Leeds Bradford and Tees-Side are about 70megs each uncompressed, I'm hoping that David Taylor will do the honours!Paul

Guest pilotsim7828

Abosulotly Unbelievable;This should get top picks among everyoneGREAT WORK !!!!!!I`ll need this one too.Jeff Akins:-eek

Wow, looks great - can't wait to try that.On a related topic, if you want to check out what that "other, other sim" is up to, the FU3 folks have posted some pretty nice UK screenshots over in the FU3 forum. FU3 UK - not bad for such an old sim. I don't have FU3 installed any more (couldn't get it running under Win2K), but still have a soft spot in my heart for that thing. Makes me sad that the world is basically down to one actively developed commercial flight sim now, my other two favorites having not been able to reach sustainable financial success :(John/madmax

Hi Paul,Very impressive!! (I've signed up for a broadband account, so that should be the end of large download nightmares!!.... just seems like it's taking them for ever to give me an activation date!).Cheers,Matthew.

I'll be pleased to 'pass them on to Avsim' Paul, it will be interesting to see 'jpegs' being used -something PaulVR in Holland proposed sometime ago to get around the big download problems that Fly!2 brought for scenery.DaveT

Guest Paul Brooks

>I'll be pleased to 'pass them on to Avsim' Paul, it will be >interesting to see 'jpegs' being used -something PaulVR in >Holland proposed sometime ago to get around the big download >problems that Fly!2 brought for scenery. >>DaveT Thank you David, I will send them to you shortly.I believe that the jpg scenario has been made possible by using Infranview to convert the files because I found the same as you that for some reason Photoshop in Windows was unable to do the conversion, yet the Mac version had no problem.One thing that I have wondered about was whether Mac users would be able to use the scenery in this format?Paul

Quaxo over on the FU3 forum has done most of Southern England now.That's an enormous area to cover. However the FU3 sim is lucky(?) in having no existing UK airfields.Therefore Quaxo doesn't have to re-align the assembled photos for 'WSG84' as Fly! and also MSFS users have to.Paul has put in many, many hours of work to bring these to you and deserves everyone's thanks.DT

Guest Hagar

Hi Paul,I am enjoying your scenery very much. But i wonder if it is possible to get the compressed tga`s and project files, so that I can remove the textured roads where the 3D bridge models are?BTW I had no problem using Photoshop for decompressing Paul van Roy`s tga`s for the Rotterdam and Europoort scenery.

Fantastic work, Paul! Thanks so much for the efforts put into the project. Will be one to look for, to be sure!Many Cheers,Ken Wood :-sun1

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest Paul Brooks

Hello Andrew,The files that will be uploaded are .jpgs which when uncompressed are 797 megs in size, which is the same size as the .tga that Infranview will give you when it is converted.The files that Paul van Roy uploaded were not a full tile i.e. 6006 square miles.I would suggest that you try and open the jpg file first and make any alterations, but I have found that the problem arises when you try to save the changes.If you can save the changes then just convert the resulting jpg file to tga with Infranview and render.Paul