Sign in to follow this  

TMSFO Dynamic Aircraft taxing on its belly

Guest chezz

Robert Wayne,I noticed that the dynmic aicraft in your TMSFO scenery is taxing on its belly. I'm attaching a picture to let you know what I mean. Is there a fix for this?Thank you.chrisrpll

Hi Chris,We Dutch always taxi like that.Once a Belgian pilot told us to do so.Is saves the tyres.:-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

I installed as per Wayne's instructions, but didn't notice any difference between his work and the default terminals that TRI supplied. Does one have to uninstall the default TRI Terrascenery which also contains stock terminals for KSFO?I didn't notice any dynamic aircraft either (I've had no trouble with dynamic aircraft at other airports).-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest Eagle

The default terminal remains the same I did not change that.As far as the plane on its belly there is a fix for that, but first I want to load on my machine and see if I get the same.I will be back.

Guest Eagle

Chris I think your plane was making an emergency landing because the gear would not come down.I do not have that problem, but, if you want to make changes here is what you do:Go to the FlyII/Path folder and look for the KLMsfo.pth file and open it. You will see this:==== path point #1 ====---- latitude/longitude/alt ----37 37'35.558"N122 21'57.2912"W11.---- start delay in secs ----0.In order to raise the plane you will have to change the number 11. I would suggest that you change it to 18 which raises the plane 7 feet. If that doesn't make it high enough you can increase the number.There are 7 points in that file and you will have to change all of the "11" to "18".Hope this helps. Any more problems let me know.It would be interesting to know if others are having this problem as it may have something to do with the default scenery.

Guest Philip Olson

I have the problem as well, in fact I came across a biz jet taxing and all I could see of it was the tail and maybe the top foot of the fuselage. I think I remember the fuel truck being partially sunken as well. I only had enough time to "peek" at the scenery so maybe today I'll make some more observations and try the fix above.Thanks, Philip

Guest Eagle

I would like to know if you continue to have the problem and if you corrected it by changing information in the .pth file.It appears the problem is due to the default scenery. Scenery for LAX is ready and I want to upload, but it also has dynamic vehicles. Default scenery is being used at LAX and I may have to include instructions on changing the vehicle height.I would appreciate comments.

Guest chezz

Hi Wayne,Thanks I solved the problem. My KSFO area is terrascened and I changed the value inthe klmsfo path from 10 to 22.Here a pix. And it works great (1 question though, does ATC or c4to recognize dynamic aircraft?). also is there a way to use pmdg 757 AND 777 AS DYNAMIC AIRCRAFT.ThanKs for a great work.chrisrpll

Guest Eagle

Good job, Chris, and glad it now works. I use all default scenery with my airports. The dynamic models is new, as far as using in scenery, and all of us are learning how to use them.No ATC does not recognize the dynamic models and you have to watch for them after landing and while taxiing. I don't like using them on the runways for that reason.If someone will make models of the PMDG aircraft I will use them. Someday I will learn how to do it, but right now I don't have the interest.Hope all others are able to correct any problems they may be having. I like the dynamic models at airports, however, if they are going to be a problem I will discontinue their use.

This brings to mind an issue with how these packages seem to be handled by Fly. I tend to terrascene everything I can get my hands on (since I find the default terrain rather bland), but sometimes there can be hundreds of feet of elevation difference between TS and default terrain. So if some model is set for default elevation, it won't work well with TS, and vice versa.I have this problem at some airports where trees and buildings are way up in the air! :) I'm not sure what can really be done about it though, short of an option to "ground" certain models, where the sim would automatically adjust their altitude to place them on the ground.John/madmax

Guest Javier

For Objects on the Scenery, I wonder if selecting the "Snap to Ground" option from the Default Editor would work. Or if it will send the Object down to the default Scenery altitude. I don't know. Have you tried?I have never used TS Scenery, so I don't know if this option will work for you.

Guest Eagle

There is a box in terramodels to snap objects to ground. If someone will tell me which airport has trees or buildings in the air I will create scenery using the "snap objects to ground". Send the file to you and see if that corrects the problem. Or I can post on flydevelopers.com for others to try.

Hi Wayne - one of the airports I have noticed this at is RBG in Oregon state. The trees just west of the airport are all airborn. No idea whether they have clearance to be hovering there like that :)The lateral version of this problem shows up at some other airports such as HQM, where there are trees in the water due to (presumably) a difference in where the land is in the default scenery vs. terrascened scenery.John/madmax