Sign in to follow this  
Guest pilotsim7828

Dear Fly Community, I really need your help!

Guest Steve Brown

I have had a couple of you guys ask me why you cant load my scenery around the Northwest of England E.G. Liverpool EGGP V2, Manchester EGCC,Manchester Woodford EGCD and Manchester Barton EGCB. One thing is for certain, they are all in the same "smallish area" covering 254,172 and 253,173.You go to one Airport and another is loaded too.If its me (My fault) Im going to have to scrap them all, and I dont have the good health to start over again. I had a breakdown a few years back and started all this (Flight sim) to help me get back into dealing with people and the outside world again. (I could not go outside the house for 4 years)Now Im going back on the pills from my GP.Im not wanting simpathy in any way, Im just putting you all in the picture. I know there are many who are in a worst state & health.I have Birmingham International ready and Warton Airfield, but Im too afraid to upload them. The paranoia is comming back.Please let me know if all is fine or not working. If these are a mess I will remove them from AvsimSteve

Hi Steve,I have loaded all those airports into Fly! II here in Pa. USA where I am running on a 700 MHz AMD with a Herclues 4000XT 32 MB Graphics card. While a little on the slow side for most fly simmers (10 to 20 fps mostly), I find that I have been able to fly into and out of all of those with the P51D from ROTW. I don't know the area in the real world, but I find them to be very good and I rate them as good as you can get with a flight simulator program that cost $39.95 US when it was purchased new a couple of years ago.I don't know what problems others are having, but I haven't run into any yet. They load without any special technique. I use the Fly! II dll program to select the airport I want to fly from and the airplane I want to fly. Hit the start button and away we go. Also have teleported from various NY area airports to EGCB, EGCC, EGCD and other GB airports without any difficulity.Have a great day and keep up the good work. Happy Flyin' - Kenps - Upload Burmingham and others and I will give them a try.

Hi Steve,I was wondering why I can't load it up but thought I had one of the required PODs missing. It happened to me a couple of times before so thought it's silly me.Never mind, I believe lots of the sim flyers will be able to help or participate on a solution. I would like to help, but I'm not so experienced and skilled designer.I also believe that you will crack it, your sceneries look wonderfull!! I have your first versions of those airports and really enjoy flying in that area.I was just thinking: Although tried to follow you readme instructions, it fails on loading a somethingMED.texture file, which I couldn't locate in none of the required PODs.(I can't give you an exact name as I'm on a business trip in sunny Basingstoke (haha - what a joke) in fact - but originally I'm from Prague). But I thought I saw it somewhere. First I came accross that, I believed I have a wrong version of Harald Kraft's cars, but couldn't find an older file to compare with, than the carsforfly on the avsim. I think you mentioned cars.pod but the file is actually called carsforfly.pod . Could this be a problem?OR a version of gliders.pod???Please don't scrap the sceneries. As said, I believe that lots of people can help here. Unfortunately, can give you the exact file name on following Monday.Can somebody search through POD files (the explorer way) to find certain model or texture files? It could me done manually, but it takes ages.I think we all here agree that you take your time and don't take this too seriously. It's only good fun being a simflyer and we all would be extremely unhappy if a small issue like that caused you some personal problems.Take care,Rene S.

Guest Paul Brooks

Stevie,Don't worry about it I am sure many people who have dwnloaded your scenery have had no problems, it runs on your computer, so in theory it will run on others.Rember that one thing that has become apparent since the start of the computer age is the saying that "when all else fails, read the read me".Paul

Hi Steve, I have not had any problems loading and using your scenery. I still tweak here and there, and still no problems. I would think some of the problems occur when someone downloads only one of the sceneries when having both ends up being a requirement. I recall this issue having occured before, and that was the solution. Please hang in there, Steve. You are a valued part of the extended Family here, and certainly do hope all will be fine and right with you in short order.Many Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest Eagle

Steve, don't let it worry you. You should see the email I get when someone can't get my scenery loaded. They didn't look at the readme file, or they only read part of it. The readme file is there for a purpose. Their questions make me go back and look at the readme file to see if it needs improvement.So Steve, hang in there and don't let it bother you. Need help, I am always around and available.

Guest Hagar

I read all the readmes. And have all the required pods in Shared.I have a lot of other sceneries on my HDD, working fine. Still I can`t use EGCC or EGCD, and Fly2 crashes when I try to save the situation at EGGP. Even without any airport packs it crashed again,asking for a texture I can`t remember.Steve, if I just get time, I`ll see what I can do! Take it easy andlet us here try to fix it :)And I hope someone else here have some ideas...

Guest Hagar

Guess we have to start with the Terrascenery itself before looking closer at the 3D pods. Pic1 is taken a little "rightish" off EGGP. You can see a crack in the landscape. In pic2 I`m going out to sea, and get a "white-out". Then I get the error message in pic3.

Guest Steve Brown

Hi all :-wave Thankyou for your kind comments and honest answers. Im sure the problem in this area is a very small detail amiss here. I do know a few guys didnt have the movingvehicles pod for the dynamic vehicles. This I didnt even think of as I had downloaded it as soon as it was available. This gives rise to the hs125 error some of you have had.Here is what I have in my shared folder, one of you may spot something!Steve

Guest Hagar

Good research, Steve !Did my last research without the TS pods.I postponed my projects for a while and are working on your stuff now :) And found out this: Deleting all the planes from the DynamicSxx file and PATH folder helped. I left the trucks in there, because I know they reside in the trucks.pod.I do NOT have the modelsm.pod that you are showing, and there`s the Hawker file I miss. Send it to me as soon as possible, but check that the other dynamic planes are in there too.As I said to you before today, I fixed EGGP. When all is solved, I can send the fixed pod back to you. An if you want, send me your airports for beta testing before uploading.And send me your pills. Need them myself soon :-lol

Guest nycflyer

Steve, remove the NYC_v1DA.pod, it'll cause problems in New York scenery. You can still use the "Dave's Models.mlf" to place the models. I will be uploading a NY metro shared v2.pod with an associated mlf file just as soon as I can get my PC to boot!-----------------------Scott CannizzaroPPASEL-KTEB

Guest Steve Brown

Cheers Scott, I forgot about that.

Guest Steve Brown

AndrewOnce you have the moving models pod all manchester and liverpool will work fine. Liverpool has no moving vehicles, but if you have manchester installed, its so close, that airport and its neighbours are loaded as well.I dont like the idea of putting the models in the pod though when they seem fine in shared folder, as most of us do it this way.

Guest Hagar

Hi Steve,I only put the lighthouse into the TMGGP.pod. Regarding the missing dynamic models, here are the link: http://library.avsim.com/sendfile.php?DLID=21626Everything is working now with this file in place.The Terrascenery still crashes, though. Any others in here having problems with the Terrascenery?

Guest Steve Brown

The terrascenery is all ok for me. I have been flying all this area since it came out(Everyday). Andrew Im sure there is a problem else were, and we will find it. Liverpool is right on the edge of a globe tile and Im sure its got something to do with it. When I added dynamic vehicles to that area 1. they vanish 2. they took off??? to see a fuel truck lift off on its own is something else 3. one of my trucks went off on its own tour, so I pressed the "V" key to see were we were going. It went off to the runcorn/widnes bridge area then took off??? Even some of the building do there own thing?Your picture of Pauls scenery, though true this exists has no effect on my system 90% of the time I fly in this area and with or without my scenery I have had no problem with Pauls. I fly to the Isle of man and regularly pass this match problem.In the end Im sure its just a problem area, but can be overcome. As I and many others are flying in it problem free...Which means we should check our own installation or setup.As you dont like putting things in your scenery shared folder, for reasons you explained, maybe this is your problem as the rest of us as Im aware do put all our biberall models and such there.I really do hope you get sorted out, but what you ask of me is too much. I cannot spend that kind of time on my hobbbby, no matter how much I love it.steve