Sign in to follow this  
Guest Roderick

What's the best video card that can support dual monito

Guest chezz

I'm planning to upgrade my video card and considering to use two monitors (flat panel) any recommendation please (preferably 128mb or 256mb).thankschrisrpll

Hi Chris...Until I get it to work, I don't recommend an ATI 9700. Can no longer run the sim with this card...Get into the game ok, plane looks ok , but scenery does not work atall.. Have just written Ken to see if he can offer any suggestions.

Guest Ken_Salter

Try this:open the render.ini file, and set the vertexindex setting (i think this is it, I'm don't have my Fly! II installation handy) to either 0 or 1. The setting should be near the top of the file.[h3]Ken Salter (aka SaltyDog)[/h3]Fly! Forum Moderator[link:http://www.grid.org/services/teams/team.htm?id=5E79C613-0A60-4A3B-BDC1-F9EE49F2D4FE]Join the AVSIM Online Cancer Fight!!

Hi Burt,I'm running the ATI 9700 Pro without any problems. Agree with Ken you need to change the vertexindex. If it's 1, set it to 0. If it's 0 set it to 1.The graphics and FPS are incredible.Edit - The 9700 Pro is a dual head card and I'm running 2 monitors off of it without any problems (in FS2K2). Fly cannot support 2 monitors. To run multiple monitors in Fly you'll need 2 PC's and the ROTW LAN dll (here at AVSIM)Bob Lyddy

Guest chezz

Bob,Now the price for the ATI 9700 pro will be going down can you tell me what frame rates do you get. Are your setting all sliders maxed out and do you have AI's.? Do you stll experience stutters and the 4 FPS?Does the ATI 97000 pro supports AGP 8X?thankschris

Chris,The 9700 supports 8xAGP. I no longer experience the dreaded 4fps. I'm averaging in the high 50's. AI is set to 10 and the sliders are set to 3/4 full. I see no difference in full and 3/4, so why stress the cpu.I paid $270 (including shipping) from GameVue.com (found them at www.pricewatch.com).Bob

Guest Roderick

Contemplating a redesign? There is a 17 page free download that tells you " How to construct the ultimate PC in fewer than three hours. All your questions answered, every step explained. " Good reading! Check it out at http://pcpowercooling.com/maxpc/index.htmDoug

Hi Guys....Just returned to read the forum and checked in here and Lo and Behold got the answer to my problem...Im Flying Again...Thanks loads for the tip re the change necessary in the .ini file. It worked great!!!

Ken:You are a GENIUS. I bought the Radeon 9700 Pro and assumed that I had to throw Fly!2 away. Just one simple change in the render.ini file, and all is wonderful. Thank you very much for the tip.Steve McInnis