Sign in to follow this  

St Peter heard a bell ring.

In the whole time that Richard was going through his trials I never really knew what to say. I did not know what if anyhting I could do to help him. Now that he is gone I feel that a friend has gone and I never got to say goodbye. So if you will bear with me here is my tribute to Richard.It's not much and I am no writer, but it is what I see when I think of Richard in Heaven.===================================St Peter heard the bell ring and went to get the door.St Peter heard the bell ring and wondered who it was for.As he opened up the doors he could not believe his eyes.There standing in front of him was a hero of the skies.

Guest captbulldog

Amen. Thank you Dan.I know that Rich wanted this to be a "happy" and "positive" experience, but I really do miss him. Thank you for that wonderful piece, Dan. It helps to understand that he really is now in a better place :) As long as Fly! is alive, Rich will always be with us.

Guest Mike94

Thats so nice, Dan!You should make sure that Tara gets your poem. If their daughter is still a kid, i'm sure Tara will read it to her, and i'm sure it will help her a lot to understand.Thank you!Michael in germany

Guest Fly II Pilot

Dan:That is in fact excellent. It would be great if Tara or the TRI people could get it in time so they can also have it at the Funeral.That was very nice.Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but tonight I am doing something that is "Richard Approved":Watching Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and laughing my heart out! I can only feel blessed and happy at having known and communicated with Richard Harvey, the man.I do not believe in death; the soul must forever experience and create!Go and have your rest Rich, until you feel the time is right to return!Please, everyone, have a great weekend and enjoy your life and loved ones!

Wonderfully written.Moderators/Admins... get this into the proper hands for Rich's services.-Greg

Nicely said... very touching and so appropriate... I'm sure Rich appreciates it. Rich@KLEWBeige G3 233 MHz DT rev.1 G4 400 MHz NewerTech upgrade OS 9.2.2 /Jaguar384 MB RAM ATI Radeon Mac (PCI) Thrustmaster FCS/WCS

Guest captbulldog

You're right. I don't believe in "death" either. Rich has simply moved onto another to another phrase of life; the afterlife. It makes me smile that he feels no pain now, and that he is soaring higher than ever, looking down onto clouds with contempt! Go Rich!

Guest Bjorn

This is an excellent piece of work.I'm sure Rich would love it.Thanks !Bj

Nice Touch Dan,And a fitting Tribute.Thanks for posting it,Joe

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Dan, that was very thoughtful. I'm emailing a copy of this thread to Tara so she will have it available to her for the memorial service if she chooses. I would have loved to personally take it to the service and read it on your behalf, but the service is right in the middle of my work week and it's going to be tough to get away.

Thank you all for your kind words. I have been away for a week or so and just got back today and read them.Scott, if you were able to get it to Tara I thank you as I did not know if she would see it. My only hope is that it may give her and the family a smile to be able to picture him "getting things under control."http://www3.telus.net/midget_ice/Radar_small.gifThis ain't no game kid!http://www3.telus.net/midget_ice/Radar_small.gifhttp://www3.telus.net/midget_ice/dansig.jpg