Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

For Deb users-please read-another short file needed

That's what I do,when I select the Deb the starting cockpit view is just the top row of gauges.Then I drag it up and I have the full panel.When I switch to side view or any other view or alt out to change something or f9 to fs nav and then go back it is back to just the top row.I will check my settings tonight,but that is what it is doing.I hate to belabor this especially in the forum.My email is rpowers@theramp.net if you would rather respond that way.Thanks for all the support.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Geofa,I have played around with all my settings and even uninstalled then reinstalled the Deb.All my other planes are fine.When I start with the Deb the panel is at the bottom of the window and is cut off under the speedo,alt and just above the AP.I drag it till I get a full panel and it is fine till I switch views.Then it goes back to just what I started with.Now,if I go to the radio stack panel(Rt seat and change views and come back to radio stack all is still fine till I shift 2 back to cockpit view then cockpit is back to just the top row of gauges.This is hard to explain but that is what it is doing.FYI,I have been doing this since before FS5.Thanks again for the help.I really like the plane,but it is inconvenient to have to drag the panel up everytime I switch views.I can't figure what is wrong and I like to solve problems,Thanks again.Ron

Once again I am not sure there is any way I can figure this out. I have no other reports of this and it doesn't happen on either of my machines.Perhaps a few more ideas.What is your startup aircraft? Does it startup with the cockpit full up? Try saving a situtation with a different startup aircraft, make sure the cockpit is full up and see if it still happens. What resolution are you running in?-the panel was designed for 1280x1024. If not running in that resolution try it and see what that does.Open your panel.cfg with note pad-check your views section-it should look like this (I think avsim takes brackets out in posts):[VIEWS]VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=0,RADIO_STACK_PANEL,GPS_PANEL,THROTTLE_PANEL,COLLECTIVE_PANELVIEW_FORWARD_DIR=7.0, 0.0, 0.0view_forward_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANELeyepoint= -3.95, -0.60, 2.25SIZE_Y=4500VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_WINDOWS=36VIEW_RIGHT_WINDOWS=35VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_WINDOWS=34VIEW_REAR_WINDOWS=33VIEW_REAR_LEFT_WINDOWS=32VIEW_LEFT_WINDOWS=31VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_WINDOWS=30VIEW_UP_WINDOWS=37VIEW_UP_DIR=0.0, 0.0, 0.0Sorry if this doesn't help-if not perhaps someone else can provide and answer as I don't really have any more ideas.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

Geofa,Hi it's me again still trying to get this panel to work.In my panel directory I have panel.cfg,panelb33.cfg.&panelexp.cfg.If I delete any of them the panel does not show up.Also in the b33patch there are 2 set of gauges 1024 & 640.I assume I pick the set for the resolution I want?I uninstalled the plane and reinstalled again and had no HSI or master switches.Installed the patch using 1024 gauges and still don't have them.Panel will still not stay full.Am I crazy? Ron

The panel.cfg is the file fs reads to display the instruments. If you have no panel.cfg fs will display nothing.There are only two panel.cfg's to be concerned about here. The panel.cfg is the information fs needs for default, non reality xp panel. The panelxp.cfg is the information ms needs if you own the reality xp radio stack. Those are the only two files to be concerned about.The installer, when you run it automatically uses the default fs radios and copies the panel.cfg file to your panel folder where it is needed. During the install, if you check reality xp (only if you own it) it will rename and install the reality xp as your panel.cfg. All this is done automatically. If it works fine at that point you are set.The later patches basically removed the panel refering to the b33 gauge which caused some people troubles (missing hsi, and startup message). Therefore in the patch-there are two config files again. If you want the standard, you must drop the panel.cfg file in your panel directory. If you want the reality xp-then you rename the file realityxp.cfg to panel.cfg and then drop that one in your panel folder. You must also place the deb.cab file in your gauge directory as this has a new replacement for the offending hsi gauge.However-there has to be one or the other in your panel folder or fs will not display anything, and the new gauge file also has to be in your gauge directory.The resolutions are only if you display in lower resolutions-a smaller gauge-this should not concern you at all.The b33 patch has a file called deb.cab. You drop that into your gauge directory just like that-don't uncompress it.1)To clarify-you run the install program-if you own reality xp and wish to use them-check reality xp-if you don't, don't check anything. If it works fine you don't have to go any further-if you are missing an hsi or get an error message procede to the next setp.2)Unzip the patch-place the deb.cab file in your gauge directory just as it is.3) If you don't own reality xp-place the panel.cfg file into your fs2002/aircraft/b33/panel directory. If you own reality xp-renamce the file realityxp.cfg to panel.cfg and drop this file in your fs2002/aircraft/b33/panel directory.Hope that clears it up.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif