Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

Ground Fog

Alejandro,Listed farther down in this thread are a couple of imagesI posted with the the dialog boxes related to weather settings.Underneath the second image is a link to my fly.ini text file.You are more than welcome to take a look at it and let me knowwhat you think.Best regards,Jim

Alejandro,Listed farther down in this thread are a couple of imagesI posted with the the dialog boxes related to weather settings.Underneath the second image is a link to my fly.ini text file.You are more than welcome to take a look at it and let me knowwhat you think.Best regards,Jim

Guest Fly II Pilot

Jim,I did and I wish I could tell you I spotted something wrong, but I didn't. Everything looks OK.Did you by any chance download a METAR either through multiplayer or using David Sandberg's InfoMetar?You ARE patched all the way up to 2.50.240, right?What happenes when you set your visibility to the minimum, confirm and then set it back to the maximum? Does it change? Have you tried intermediate settings to see if the visibilty changes?It's really puzzling because at one point during the testing we identified a problem with the visibility setting bur Rich was able to fix it.OH, one more thing to try. Temporarily rename the fly.ini file in your system folder to fly.ina and start Fly!, it will automatically create a new one. Does the problem go away?Just be patient, as I said, we'll get you flying VFR...Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Alejandro,As suggested in your reply, I tried everything that you suggested. I didn't download any metar, although I DID try one of the examples, just to see what would happen (the issue was already there, though).I AM patched up to 2.50.240 according to the splash screen, so I suppose I'm alright there, as well.I have tried to change the intermediate settings, and I could swear that there was a minor change on one of the settings, but I don't remember which one. I'll try to find out and post a screen shot for you.I changed the fly.ini to fly.ina as requested, and re-started FLY! II. Nothing has changed. I still get the "fog".Thanks again, Alejandro,JimPowerMac G4-933/60 GB/768 MB/SuperDrive/Mac OS 10.2.4; 9.2.2/USB Ch Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals

Guest Allan Jones

Jim,I got your fly.ini file just fine. At first glance i don't see any huge differences between yours and my patched version that can't be explained by the difference in vidcards, but about the time I was going to do the old "line-by-line," my son needed my computer to finish his homework--it comes first around here! Will try to look it over at lunch tomorrow.

Allan,Your son's homework should come first,by all means.I appreciate any help you can give! I also shouldmention that I'm running this in 9.2.2.Also, I just thought of something...Do you think itwould make a difference if I overwrote andreplaced the files instead of extracting to myFLY! II folder?JimPowerMac G4-933/60 GB/768 MB/SuperDrive/Mac OS 10.2.4; 9.2.2/USB Ch Fighterstick,Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals

Hi Jim,I had the exact problem that you're having after installing the new patch - the problem was discussed on topic #156 of the Mac forum. I had posted screenshots which have since been deleted but they looked exactly like yours. Changing sliders etc. did nothing. The problem turned out to be the render.ini file. The one that comes with the patch does not work for the MAC users. You'll have to re-input the one you were using before you applied the patch.Check out the thread and hopefully it helps - it's on page 3 of the Mac Forum dated Dec. 30Hope this helps,Peter

Peter, Thanks so much for the reply. I was so stuck on thefly.ini file being messed up that I didn't think to checkthe render.ini.I'll check it right now and get back to you....JimPowerMac G4-933/60 GB/768 MB/SuperDrive/Mac OS 10.2.4; 9.2.2/USB Ch Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals

Guest Allan Jones

Jim,Dear Son managed to royally jam the printer while doing homework, so I couldn't print out my "line-by-line" comparison until a few minutes ago. I am glad I d/led the Apple LaserWriter Service Manual a couple of weeks ago! Had to take the printer somewhat asunder to get at the offending piece of paper.Sounds like Peter may have the answer. For giggles, you could move the render.ini file out of the FlyII folder and see if Fly writes a new one. I think it will.

Allan,I've got another question for you.How do I get rid of the "flashing textures" that I seefrom the Tower view?(I didn't want to start a new thread for a question thatI hope is easily answered...)Thanks again.JimPowerMac G4-933/60 GB/768 MB/SuperDrive/Mac OS 10.2.4; 9.2.2/USB Ch Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals

Guest Allan Jones

I don't recall seeing that, Jim.Is it happening with the menubar hidden or showing? Hiding the menu bar has always been a little flaky on the Mac with FlyII. In some views, I get flashing artifacts at the edge of the screen when I hide the menubar. If I cycle views long enough, it usually goes away.

Allan,I was trying to put in that little .wav file to get rid of that loud GPS tone, but now I can'tfigure out how to do it.Where's the sounds folder? I couldn't find one,so I made one, and just put it in the Soundsfolder in the Fly! II folder, but it doesn't work.I haven't noticed the flashing with the hiddenmenu bar thing, but then I've only tried that twice.I'll give it a shot and let you know...While I'm at this, how do I adjust my Pro Throttle so I have to actually move it more than a 1/2 inch forfull travel?(I know, questions, questions...) JimPowerMac G4-933/60 GB/768 MB/Mac OS 10.2.4; 9.2.2/GeForce 4 Ti/Ch Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals

Guest tonyc

for the throttle, checkout the control.txt file and play with it. The wav file are part of the pod which, when exploded, will go into the sound directory, that is, if you explode a pod file, there will be a sound directory created with the sound files in it. At this point, if you remove the file of our choise and leave the others in their repsective folders, everything will work fine. don't forget, a pod file is nothing more than a compressed file to keep all the fly files organized.tony