Sign in to follow this  

Error with VolNav SID/STARs

I've been trying to create some STARs in VolNav, but when I start up VolNav again, I get this error message: " is not a valid integer value.Then VolNav starts, but doesn't show airways. If I remove the .csv-file, VolNav works fine again.Here's the .csv-file: (Norwich Two Arrival to KBOS)SIDSTAR;Export;SID STAR key(Unique);Airport Key;Sid Star name;Sequence number;SID or STAR;Waypoint ID;Waypoint Type;Altitude;Latitude;Longitude;;ORW.ORW210;US05375;ORW.ORW2;10;1;JFK;17;18000;146278.4;1030423;;ORW.ORW220;US05375;ORW.ORW2;20;1;NEWES;0;24000;147080.11;1031598.52;;ORW.ORW230;US05375;ORW.ORW2;30;1;RAALF;0;18000;148671.88;1033969.84;;ORW.ORW240;US05375;ORW.ORW2;40;1;ORW;17;19;149603.04;1036802.3;;ORW.ORW250;US05375;ORW.ORW2;50;1;PVD;5;19;150207.64;1038853.3;;ORW.ORW260;US05375;ORW.ORW2;60;1;INNDY;0;19;150379.19;1040044.07;;ORW.ORW270;US05375;ORW.ORW2;70;1;KBOS;0;19;152511.65;1040381.35Anybody have an idea of what might be wrong?John IvanENHD

Hi I have the same problem.Did you find out why?Anybody here that can be of assitance please?King regards and God BlessAlfred

Hello,I think your problem come from an empty line at the end of the csv file. Remove that line and all will be fine. There is a bug in that version of VolNav than I introduce when I change code beetwen beta 3 and beta 4.I will update VolNav soon !DidierROTW - Author of VolNav

Thank you DidierYes, I was just about to post my findings!I just stumble across another problem though.My flight that I create with volnav does not show up when I try to load it in adventures??? - it is there though. when I copy it from adventures to saved simulation folder, I can usually open it , even though sometimes it still crashes??Great program when it works, Thanks again and I am sure you will find the last few bugs or indeed I might even have to re install my fly to get rid of something I might have done over the last 18 month or so.Kind regards and God blessAlfred

Thanks Didier,It did work! :) Now if there's some way of collecting all the SID/STARs people are adding and making them available for the whole Fly community...I've also had the same problem as Alfred. My flight plans don't show up in adventures. Anybody?John IvanENHD

Alfred and JohnFlightPlan generated with VolNav MUST be placed in ...SaveSimulations not in ..Adventures.To uses SIT files in adventures directory you need to create a SCE file. Just have a look to dca1.sce and dca1.sit : first one is the adventure and last one the flight plan. Flight plan (SIT) is called by adventure (SCE)If you want to use VolNav flightplan as an adventure try to create a sce file which contains these lines. Change line after , and . If you have no particular PBM pictures use one of those delivered by TRI in adventure directory. ========== BEGIN OBJECT ========== Any name you want to appear in the adventure window Fly Now! adventuresyour_flightplan_name.SIT adventuresany_pbm_picture.pbm ========== END OBJECT ==========DidierROTWAuthor of VolNav

Thanks DidierI gues the confusion came from using FS build previously.It puts the files in as adventure files.I just wanted to let you know that once figured out VolNav is Brilliant!!! - Thanks a million.The only trouble I have is with PMDG flight plans.It starts ok, but if I move the panel (scroll) I have a pretty quick exit back to the desktop (Windows XP home).I tried the same plan with FS build and it worked ???I asume because I made my own Stars/Sids??They are great to make and very quick but in a different format thatn what PMDG uses?I hope that little report is of assistance as indeed I might be the only one experiencing that problem.Kind Regards & God blessAlfred