Sign in to follow this  

A picture of Rich I wanted to share

I found this when going through my old mails. It was taken at the Fly!II release party when I flew the 407 into the TRI Parking lot. Brendan

"Therefore, but by the grace of GOD go I"...I am new to the FLY II community, but from what I can see so far the legacy of Richard is carried on by his friends and fans. Cancer is an enemy that needs to be defeated! It has taken too many before us. My Mother fell victim to it's wrath 5 years ago. My humble condolences to Richard's Family and friends.God Speed Richard...Mark[/color]Old Bridge (3N6) New Jersey[/color] AOPA Member since 1999 #02624412[/color]Learn To Fly with AOPA Project Pilot!][/color][/font[/bhttp://www.infogamer.com/images/aopa3.jpg

Great picture. Thanks for sharing.To put a bit of a smile on the situation portrayed in the picture, I have to ask you two questions. 1-Did you have your handicapped placard displayed?2-Did the fire department mind that you were parked in a fire zone?http://www3.telus.net/midget_ice/Radar_small.gifThis ain't no game kid!http://www3.telus.net/midget_ice/Radar_small.gifhttp://www3.telus.net/midget_ice/dansig.jpg

Guest Dean

Brendan,Thanks for posting the picture. I much rather remember Rich that way than through the picture of him from the conference on the home page.

Brendan - that's a great picture, thanks for posting it. It's nice to see what Rich looked like when he was healthy. I've made it my desktop backdrop.Does anyone know how old Rich was? He looks quite young (to me, but then I'm a gheezer :) ) in all these photos.John/madmax

Guest Allan Jones

Thanks, Brendan.It will be treasured.

John, if I remember correctly what Rich told me, he was 38. If I'm incorrect, perhaps Brendan can correct me.

Guest Steve Brown

Aaah poor Rich,the same age as me, Im glad he's out of his pain now. His fight is over, its Tara Im thinking of now & his daughter. If they are as half as brave as he, they will be fine.

Guest ftessler

Brendan,Thanks for posting this - I remember it well.-Franklin------------------------------Franklin TesslerDP 800Fly! for Mac Co-moderator

Thanks for sharing this Brendan. I can recall how enthusiastic we were when you all released this and other shots on the old forum shortly after that day. I still have the team shot in front of the Bell somewhere.Cheers and thanks!Ken Wood :-sun1

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest Chris Wallace

Thanks for posting Brendan...this is how I remember Rich looking when I had the good fortune to meet up with you folks for dinner a few years ago.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

>John, if I remember correctly what Rich told me, he was 38. >If I'm incorrect, perhaps Brendan can correct me. Rich was 35Brendan

>Thanks for posting Brendan...this is how I remember Rich >looking when I had the good fortune to meet up with you >folks for dinner a few years ago. >>Chris Wallace >Ottawa, Canada E-mail me when you have a chance - there is some stuff you and I need to discuss.Brendan