Sign in to follow this  

To RandallR Having trouble adding new runway

I tried to adding new runway using Voledit can somebody direct me to a old thread regarding this.I got error of "value interge something like that, I already start with add the info in the Airpod Pod and make the Dex file so now I input the data in the to the runway pod but when I try to export I get the error.rgdsCesar/Venezuela

Cesar,The only time I've seen an "integer error" was when I attempted to enter data into a field in Vol!edit improperly (or mistyped) - I have not seen that type of error when importing the resulting DEX file. It could be that you entered an integer which Vol!edit accepted, but was still an inappropriate value for import into Fly!, so it was rejected at that point.It sounds as though you have already successfully created the basic airport and successfully added that to AIRPORT.POD - correct? This is the first thing that must be done before the runway can be created, unless the airport already existed in the database.The runway is then added by editing the RUNWAY.POD - the easiest way being to edit the runway.dbd in Vol!edit, then import the DEX file - which is what I believe you have attempted. The runway must be linked in the database to the airport identity.If you wish, send the DEX files (for both the airport addition and the runway addition) and I'll take a look at them - maybe something will be apparent in the data you entered in the record.Capvideo@columbus.rr.com

Randall Rocke

Dear RandallTks again for your assitand and sorry for my late reply, as you said I follow many post and read, this is my step so far:A.Load airport.pod in Voledit and added the airport info as new line entry, export new line as a dex no problem.b. open runways.pod and add the info of the runway, but when I try to export the " value integer error come up., I checked several time the lat and lon data and changing several time but I could'nt not find what is causing the error.I'will send both files as per yours.Tks in advance.rgdsCesar/Venezuela

Cesar,Files received - I'll take a look at them when I get home from work tonight.

Randall Rocke