Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rob Westhouse

Wish list for Fly! III

Ok, I don't want to get excited yet and maybe it will only be a repackaging of Fly! II minus the bugs but one simple (?) addition I would like to see is for TRI to get together with Jak Fearon and HITW and make all those texture packs we once had available for use with Terrascene available again (updated to the higher resolution).And maybe TRI could finish Calgary and add the night textures for San Francisco, New York, Paris, and Washington D.C. Also inclusion of a 2nd disc with slightly extended versions of some of the 3rd party scenery tools that have been developed, i.e., Terrashape, Terramodels (with additional airport textures), and of course Terrascene (with a few database corrections and updates (like access to 7.5 DEMS for Hawaii and elevations in Alaska). A couple of new ROTW planes, fixing the hard coding on the horizon.....I'll stop....just to have Fly! on the shelfs again should bring new users to these forums and that by itself may be the biggest plus. ;)Don

Guest Rob Westhouse

Once I finish Vancouver TerraScenery I was going to pop over to Calgary. I notice TRI has several calgary models hiding in the cities.pod file.TerraScene with watermask and night lights are big beasts however. The entire 168,168 tile for Vancouver comes in at a whopping 350+Mb uncompressed.http://members.shaw.ca/fly2/images/snoopyace.gifRob Westhouse, VE5VKSaskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada"Land of Living Skies"