Sign in to follow this  

Rich

Guest Henri W

Thanks for sharing, Allen. I really appreciate it.Best regards,Henri

Allen, I have just returned from two weeks over seas, and would like to thank you for posting this and the images. I wished I could have been there.

Thanks for sharing Allen. Peter OultonOttawa, Canada

>In the end I had a chance to meet both Tara and Rich

Guest Colins2

ScottThanks very much for posting that.I'm sure that it will be appreciated by everyone.Colin

Guest Fly II Pilot

Scott,Thanks a lot, and don't fell guilty for not posting earlier. I probably would have done the same... I totally understand.Take care,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce4 Ti4600 8xAGP 128MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Scott,Thanks for posting this - sure wish I could have met Rich in person.There were times during the beta patch process that I just felt guilty even bringing up a new problem, posting the latest test results, reporting a new problem caused by a fix attempt, etc. Sometimes Rich would just disappear from the beta forum altogether for a few days, then bounce back with an apology (of all things) and proceed to work with new energy. Just amazing.In the midst of all this I can certainly verify that the beta team, time and time again, made it clear to Rich that he really didn't need to do this - we would be quite happy if he got to spend as much quality time with his family as possible. But Rich would have none of it, and in a way I guess he needed to do the work - not only for us, but for himself.

Randall Rocke

That is a great story Scott. I really enjoyed reading it.I can understand how your time went by so quickly with Rich. He was an amazing person to talk to, and not just when it comes to flight sims. I only spoke with him a handful of times, but each time I came away with more and more respect for the man.Those that had a chance to know him well, were truly blessed. It seems like Rich had a way of making everyone around him better human beings. When I spoke with Tara at the service, it did seem like they (Tara and Lauren) were at peace with the whole situation. It was obvious that Rich had prepared them well for this moment.Take care,Allen KriesmanTerramodels for Fly IIFly II Beta Team

Guest ChrisD

ScottThanks for sharing this with us.Greatly apreciated.Chris

Thanks for posting this, ScottI truly believe that if I can touch even 5 percent of the people that Rich has, and in even a fraction of the positive way, I've lived a good life. He was truly a class act.And I don't know if the family will ever read any of this, but they are a truly lucky bunch, to have such a kind, considerate person in their lives and love them as he did.-Brian

>Thanks for posting this, Scott >I truly believe that if I can touch even 5 percent of the >people that Rich has, and in even a fraction of the positive >way, I've lived a good life. He was truly a class act. >And I don't know if the family will ever read any of this, >but they are a truly lucky bunch, to have such a kind, >considerate person in their lives and love them as he did. >-Brian Brian, don't worry. Tara and the rest of Rich's family will have access to all of this. I'm working to making hard copies of all the threads that Rich and others posted that discussed him personally. I will also be archiving electronic copies of all those threads and saving them to cd for Tara.

I wonder if you will come accross my favorite Rich story....(I'm pretty sure it was Rich, and not one of the other TRI people)When Fly1 first came out, there were, as most remember, a lot of unhappy people. One of these people posted a simple message of being let down that he couldn't get Fly to start up on his pc. Not a mean posting, just stating that he was giving up, and was about to hang fly on the closet shelf.He posted later that Rich emailed him directly asking for his phone number, and then personally called and helped him get Fly up and running.I still retell this story in my job, trying to show my own customer-service reps what it means to be truly devoted to the customer. Rich personally was responsible for many many people purchasing fly, even after all of the bad reviews.If you happen to come accross the story that I'm referring to, I would love a copy of it. It happened about 2-3 weeks after the initial release.

Thank You Scott,Thanks for sharing your day with Rich. I can't imagine what it must have been like, but I am glad you were able to see him.May The good lord continue to bless his family & friends.Regards,Joe

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube.