Sign in to follow this  
Guest bwilson

Aircraft Wish List

Guest bwilson

Hello, all:For Fly!II this is my list of "dream" aircraft.1. Piper PA-38 Tomahawk.2. Cessna 172 Carburated.3. Cessna 182RG Retractable landing gear.4. Cessna 208 Caravan.Currently "Captain J." is working on the Caravan. blake

Hi,I have just one : ATR42-500 or ATR72-500...

Interesting topic. My list would be something like this, heavy on light jets and twin turboprops:- Lear 60- Beech Starship- Cessna Citation X- Piper Seneca V- Lake RenegadeAll with the Fly level of systems simulation quality of course :)Wish I had time and skills to help make these...John/madmax

>All with the Fly level of systems simulation quality of >course :) >Realistically, the level of FLY system sophistication is now "aging". Third party payware releases such as the "Flight1 Piper Meridian" have taken simulated aircraft system's to a much higher level. A lot of work and time would have to be invested, to develope any new FLYII or possibly future FLYIII aircraft system equipment that exceeds what's now available on the aftermarket, let alone the future.L.Adamson

Guest Fly II Pilot

Larry,Did anybody attack MSFS in any way? Did anybody even compare Fly!II with MSFS in any way? Then why did you post this message? What did you plan to accomplish with it?Do you have ANY idea about what you're talking about?AGING? Give me a break! Have you EVER taken a look at what CAN be done just with the existing Fly!II aircraft files? I'm not even talking about the SDK and external .DLL files. Have you ever attempted to model systems for Fly!II? What about for MSFS?If the answer to any of the last two questions is NO, then how can you venture to make such a seemingly informed statement?You know, I try to understand where you're coming from and what is your ultimate objective when you post here. Please help me, because I can't figure it out...Respectfully,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce4 Ti4600 8xAGP 128MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

>AGING? Give me a break! Have you EVER taken a look at what >CAN be done just with the existing Fly!II aircraft files?Then do it, I'm not stopping you....If someone or group models an aircraft for the FLY series with a comprehensive system setup such as that contained in Meridian, then great........... I'll buy!!! But as they say, this is where the "bar" has been raised to. You can no longer say that FLY leads in system's (which it once did).................until you or someone else initiates some "very" advanced design work.And, as to why I post here, why not? Same reason I posted the ROTW Mustang cockpit pics & FLYII So-Cal scenery in the Microsoft Combat forum. The Mustang & scenery just looked far better than what was available in Microsoft's CFS3! Perhaps it's lucky for you & the rest of the FLY community, that I'm not afraid of "cross posting" because it DOES generate interest to other simmers who might have never heard or cared for other simulations.As to myself, I have other projects to worry about & finish, before any attempt in the world of virtual programming. Once they're completed, then who knows. At least I actually DO know quite a bit about real world aircraft systems. Maybe that's why I say the things I do.....?Regards also,L.Adamson

Larry, you are just looking for a reaction from people in the forums.In general, Fly! panels and systems along with the fight dynamics are ahead of MSFS...and I do own the SF260(over-rated), but still would rather practice x-wind landings with FLY! or FU3.Yes, there are a few aircraft available for MSFS that might be ahead of a FLY! offering, but those are few and far between.Tony in Miami

Larry,I cannot compare with commercial planes for FS2K2, since I don't have any :). But I've download a considerable number of freeware ones from the file library, and, to avoid sim-wars, let's just say that I very much disagree that they compare to the Fly planes. But to each his own...John/madmax

Guest Fly II Pilot

Larry,Couple of things:"At least I actually DO know quite a bit about real world aircraft systems."So do I, but how does the fact that you may know about real world aircraft systems have anything to do with judging whether or not it could be reproduced in Fly!II or MSFS? Moreover, how do you know that it can be done in MSFS and not on Fly!II or Fly!III or Fly!n ?You said:"A lot of work and time would have to be invested, to develope any new FLYII or possibly future FLYIII aircraft system equipment that exceeds what's now available on the aftermarket, let alone the future."If you've never attempted to model this in a simulator how can you possibly make this statement? How do you know this? What if I told you that it COULD be EASILY modeled, how could you challenge MY statement? You simply can't, because you haven't got the slightest idea of what it takes to model systems in a simulator.I really don't mind fact-based statements or criticizm but it's quite irresponsible to just post a statement like yours. You've been around for a quite a while, and although I don't share your point of view, until know I've always thought you knew about what you were talking about.You could have easily posted:My aircraft wish is systems in Fly!II like those in the MSFS Meridian.Think about it, wouldn't that have been more constructive?Take care,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce4 Ti4600 8xAGP 128MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Guest chezz

Hi Alejandro,Rich has been always patient in dealing with Larry, I hope we will carry on the same spirit to FLY detractors or those who tried to belittle the sim. I know sometimes people are not careful with their choice of words and be it as it may they can still voice out their thoughts and perhaps let's take it as a challenge and proved them wrong. FLY2 is almost 2 yrs old (its default aircraft system which is sofar superior IMHO to other sim's default aircraft system )and to compare it to a newly released payware, I believe is something off the hook.chris rpll

>Larry, you are just looking for a reaction from people in >the forums. Yep.........Never denied it........ :)Even told that to "Lindy" when she once visited.. for a Pro-Pilot party.I said something to the effect, that the best part of a "new" sim was something to argue about!>In general, Fly! panels and systems along with the fight >dynamics are ahead of MSFS...Yes they were------ once.>and I do own the >SF260(over-rated), but still would rather practice x-wind >landings with FLY! or FU3. >Hope you have rudder pedals..... :)With sincerity as usual,L.Adamson

>Hope you have rudder pedals..... :) Yes I do, the only to fly...ch pedals gameport version with gutted usb joystick for toe-brakes, works wonderfully.BTW, how's your aircraft coming along, when's the maiden flight?Tony in Miami

Guest Eagle

Here we go again!Larry waited for awhile before coming back to attack us in this forum.Wonder when Michael will show up?

>Larry, >>I cannot compare with commercial planes for FS2K2, since I >don't have any :). But I've download a considerable number >of freeware ones from the file library, and, to avoid >sim-wars, let's just say that I very much disagree that they >compare to the Fly planes. But to each his own... >I seldom use "freeware" planes. While there are a few nice ones around, I prefer payware..........that usually involves a group of programmers, because today's simulated aircraft seem to require thousands of hours to program. It's just gotten far too sophisticated! L.Adamson

>BTW, how's your aircraft coming along, when's the maiden >flight? >>Tony in Miami I need some more big buck$.........For the transponder, prop governor, vacuum pump, and a few other parts. Panel, radio, & "systems" wiring is nearly all complete. L.Adamson