Sign in to follow this  
Guest bwilson

Aircraft Wish List

Guest Javier

Larry:I can't tell you much about the subject because I simply don't have the Piper Meridian for MSFS, I use my money on other things while downloading great freeware for FLY II. It caught my attention that you had to pay to get something better than FLY II.. a 2 Year old program.When you have to wait 2 years to get something better than FLY (Systems wise ) then that only tells you how advance and sophisticated FLY! is. To say that FLY Systems is aging is to affirm that FLY has been explored / exploded at its 100%. My take is that we are only using 50% of what FLY could give us, therefore no payware is close to what FLY can really give you.Of course you could be right and the FLY Systems could be aging, that's why there is a plan for FLY III.;)And even if FLY III gets to the shelves some day ( not 2003 for sure ) you could still prefer MSFS payware, you can do whatever you want with your money and think / say whatever you want about FLY, I will still respect you and consider you part of the community as you will always be.I just pray to GOD and Rich to give me the same patience I had today after I saw your post. :-lol Kind Regards.Javier

Hi Alejandro,I know what you are feeling about Larry now. ;-)I wrote many posts in the past about Larry's point of view in this forum and unfortunately his never changed. If you post anything about Fly! better than MSFS, Larry receives a sound alarm from Micro$oft to post a response almost in the light speed. :-)Don't ask me why he is in this forum because I will never know. Compare ROTW's Mustang from Fly! II with MS Combat Simulator (a game) is the best that Larry can do with Fly!.So I give up.Take care,Keyton Cabral

Anything from Airbus, but with reasonably accurate (looking) cockpit.-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Hi,my secret dreams : some light jet trainer eg. BAe Hawk, AlphaJet or Aero L-159, and some russian cargo planes : Il-76, An-12 etc.Hope they will be available someday...OndraLKTB

Guest bwilson

Aging...every thing is aging!Why I like Fly!:1. I'm in flight school right now, and I like the fact that I can use Terrascene to model an area, fly there, and then plan an actual cross country and see the same terrain when I do. 2. All aircraft look realistic. 3. They fly pretty OK too! :)4. The downloads for fly don't dissapoint.My personal Flight Simulator heirachy:1. Fly!II2. Fly!2k 3. X-plane (does wind very well... great for practicing landings.)4. MSFS2002 (spent $25.00 learned my lesson from FS2000 ...no more.)5. MSFS2000 (spent nearly $200.00 in addons...still dissapointed.) 6. I have Flight Unlimited but it's "Limited" to me because it doesn't want to work on my computer.Any one out there want to post their Dream Aircraft???blake

Guest bwilson

CoolI used to travel 3 or 4 times a week in the central USA for my job. Whenever I flew an Airbus it was a blast. blake

>In general, Fly! panels and systems along with the fight >dynamics are ahead of MSFS...and I do own the >SF260(over-rated), but still would rather practice x-wind >landings with FLY! or FU3. >Okay................ for the sake of "friendly" discussion & some topics around here,Why??? to the above statementIn my own history of flight simulation, the original FLY flight models didn't appeal to me at all. Once Rob Young created the V88's, the FLY models along with the default panels & added Terrascene became more appealing than FS2K. But although the V88's seemed to be a smoother flight platform for instrument flight, than FS2K, the FS2K navigation data-base worked better VOR wise, in my flight area. Because of that, it was about 50/50 between the two sims.IMO--- as to the FLYII models, some worked & some didn't. I already know the why's & wherefor's of why the models arn't equal, so I won't get into that. But.................. getting to the RealAir Simulations SF260. I think it's the best "single engine" aircraft ever created for ANY desktop simulation, flight dynamic wise. It's the most authentic plane I've run into for using cross-controls on slip manuvers. The "feel" & range of controls is near perfect. The virtual cockpit also add's a lot to peripheral vision which add's an increased sense of flight.For other manuvers such as tailslides, snap rolls, and hammerheads, it's also the best plane around to date, even though it's not really a pure aerobatic aircraft. The break from stall & into a spin is also much faster than the RealAir Citabria/Decathalon for FLYII. The FLY models were a bit on the slow side in reaction, IMO.As you can see, I don't believe it's over-rated at all. It's designed by Rob Young who put many hours into it, not to mention all that time previously getting FLY models up to speck. I even noticed that another well respected flight model designer for MSFS mentioned that the flight charcteristics were very good and it's on his HD also. At first, he didn't think Rob had enough experience with MS products, but that quickly changed. For the record, I do have actual flight experience in a Marchetti 260, as well as aerobatics in a Pitt's about 10 years ago. This does aleast give me something to compare with. As to all the comments on this thread, they don't really bother me, because I've been around too long & getting too old :) In fact, I read this forum every day. If one was to actually read my comments regarding FLY in other forums, they would notice that all comments are very favorable, and have actually generated some interest in the FLY simulations. I've often went to the trouble of producing some good looking screenshot presentations to go with what I've wrote. Now I'll admit, that my comments wern't always on the "nice" side, but that was at least three years ago.. Maybe ............very few around here, read the "other" forums! :)L.Adamson

Guest tonyc

Larry, you're always welcomed on this forum. The fact is that we are a minority of simmers who probably have both sims, yet we gravitate toward FLY2 for a variety of reasons--all of which subjective. Frankly, I miss the days when flight sims were being announced with a frequency that made waiting for one far more exciting than actually flying it afterwards. tony

Guest bwilson

If I had to choose just one plane, it would be the Grand Caravan. i like it because it is versatile. Can carry a heavy load and can also land on water.Blake