Sign in to follow this  

London-Heatrow V.02-0425 uploaded

Guest Hagar

This great Heatrow (EGLL) scenery is made by Preston N (Captbulldog).Originally he choosed not to pod this scenery in order to override the TRI default terminal. Having hundreds of pictures and models in my /Art and /Models folders, I had a big problem using this scenery at the same time. So, to use Preston`s humourous words, I hacked his scenery :)I sent the response file to him in case he wanted to use it, and he kindly suggested I should upload the new files, as he is quite busy with other things these days, so here it is, EGLL airport in one single pod, and with a new cities.pod to remove the default terminal. I higly recommend David Taylor`s Terrascenery "Heatrow Zone" to go with EGLL1.Thanks Preston!

Guest Hagar

Hehe...myself I didn`t miss it, but had to find a way to pod it first.It`s great to have this Hi-Fi scenery to fly to and from :)

Guest captbulldog

Thank you Andrew for updating the scenery.Plug: this has always been one of my favorite shot of EGLL.

What kindo of framerates are you getting? I used the "unpodded" version for a few weeks, but found my system crawled. Could you post your results and your RENDER.ini file? I'd love to re-install this version. -DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest Hagar

A nice picture with the right plane. Reminds me I landed there with a BA777 from Mumbai, and to Engm I went with an A321, which had a much bettter seating than the 777 :)

Guest Hagar

I have around 15-30 fps around EGLL, with the big twinjets and lot of clouds. The fps doesn`t really matter, on my system EGLL is running very smooth. I notice you have almost excactly the same system as I have, so you should get the same values. The scenery IS faster in the podded version. Regarding render.ini I just saw a tip here:http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...rum=DCForumID14I think this is the same render.ini as I use right now, and I am quite happy with it.

I have Scott Canizaro's NYC scenery, and also some updated Washington DC scenery. Because of those sceneries, I have specialized "cities.pod" files, in this case "cities_No_DC_No_NY.pod". By installing the EGLL update with the updated cities.pod, will it wipe out the changes I already have? -DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest Hagar

It will, as it is the default cities.pod with only the default buildings at EGLL removed. You have to check with podview if there are any D255170 folders in your custom files.If the folder is present, you have to un-pod your custom file, remove the D255170 folder and re-pod it. The process is quite simple.

I can't wait to see what it looks like now (and how it runs!).I spent ages putting lighting effects to my 'Heathrow zone' photo scenery-should be good fun flying in after dark, preferably to runways 27 L or R as that will bring you over London (city). Don't forget every approach would route through one of the four VOR's Bovingdon/Biggin Hill/Lambourne or Ockham. They are 'VOR holds' so you would probably fly a short hold before being given a vectored approach.Dave T