Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

c4to is back , and with force!

That's great news Tony. Concerning your new version, will we have to download a new 24 mb package or will it be possible to only download an update ? (for us 56k modem users)For the ones who never tried the new c4to, download the updated version as soon as possible. You won't regret it. CheersJean-Paul http://www.simvol.org/fly/avatars/logojp.gif

Hi Jean-Paul,I'll post two versions: a "patch" to v3.1, and complete v3.1.Cheers, Tony

I just installed V3 and receive the message

Ah yes, the bug list grows...I'll try to get to fixing that one. Thanks for reminding me.Cheers, Tony

Tony,I've never looked at the Fly SDK, but is there any possibility of using c4to to control the movement of AI aircraft? Seems to me that could turn into a pretty cool system, with the user controlled plane fitting into a coherent picture of many planes all controlled by the same ATC logic. I have this mental picture of controllers warning "traffic at your 10 o'clock, 5 miles, is a Cessna 172", and having a cessna actually be there. FU3 used to have a system somewhat like that, although it was also fairly buggy.Just an idea...Regardless, thanks for all your work on this thing. It really adds a lot to Fly.John/madmax

Hi All,Nice to hear that C4T0 is getting a spring clean.I have written C++ some code in FSI to animate the active runways.The visual models are based on aircraft from (1) local converted FS sceneries and now (2) from converted FS aircraft MDL files. This new method provides for lots more low poly "static" aircraft modules. I then use the SDK functions to display the models and use my own code to "fly" them. I started to add ATC stuff but I know that others are also programming ATC. C4TO is the best basis since it was written by a real world controller. Just as you said, it would be great to have the ATC sound, AI traffic and AI visuals in sync. I do not have the knowledge, time or energy to do this so I can make the following offer. Tony, if you want I can send you those C++ source code modules from my FS_SCNRY which you could use to acccess, "fly" and display such models. Then you could integrate them into C4TO. You and a few others could, in time, add a "timetable" interpreter to match up ATC, aircraft, times, visual models etc. Padraic (Podjoe) Morgan.

I'm back to Fly 2 again after being out of touch for over a year and so much has changed with the program.In reading the boards, getting up to date with patches, downloading and installing all the 'must haves'...along comes the recommendation to try out c4to...atc in Fly 2 that works reliably and is dynamic?!?! Hah! I remember wanting to leverage Fly 2 during my IFR training over a year ago, but the dismal ATC forced to me purchase Jeppesen Flitepro because of the IFR scripts available for it. So understand why I chortled sarcastically as I downloaded the file, read through the instructions and installed it...Then last night, I decided to fly a short IFR flight from KAUS to HDO in the 172. It's been a year since I have been under the hood with a bucking airplane trying to keep my instrument scan fast enough to stay ahead of contrails ;) and after some distraction (which included some other ATC chatter, needles going everywhere and the airplane behaving 'too dynamically') imagine my surprise when ATC tells me that 'blahblahblah sierra papa, it appears you're off course, change heading to 230'...WHAT! How the hell did he know that?!? Sure was off course but jeeze...just like a controller :) I ended up declaring an emergency over San Antonio and taking the ILS approach to 12R at KSAT instead of continuing to HondoIMHO, C4TO is the best thing since sliced bread, the discovery of fire and quantum physics. Thanks to Dr. Rider for creating an exceptional add-on that has turned Fly 2 into my keep forever and never ever think again about buying FS2002 sim sim...anyone that can do that, deserves a pat on the back.mogwai

Hallo Tony,At this moment I use c4tov2 and Flyscripts201.I downloaded c4to v3.1.I have two questions.1 Which files do I have to remove from the c4tov2 or is it possible to place the new files and overwrite some old ones.2 Is Flyscripts201 still needed or should it be removed. ( or can I leave it where it is)RegardsLeen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

You can leave Fly!Scripts installed if you like, but you should remove the c4tov2.fse and atccfg.fsc files from your Fly!Scripts folder. Once you have a flight plan loaded, you should use CTRL-ALT-/ to start a new ATC situation. Cheers, Tony

I appreciate the praise, but a majority of the credit goes to Marc Schrier, the originator of C4TO for Fly!Scripts. I've simply ported it and made some adjustments to improve a number of Fly!Scripts limitations that Mr. Schrier was constrained by.Cheers, TonyP.S. My name is Dr. Anthony Crider, not Dr. Rider. :-)

Tony,I have a Mac and some basic C++ skills, but they're still in the works. Drop me a line at WillyM@cantv.net if I can be of any help to porting.

Thank you Dr. Tony.I did what you suggested me to do and it works.After making and starting the flightplan ctrl+alt+/ makes things work .Reading the C4TO readme.txt however I read under FLYING WITH ATC" 1. Now you are ready to fly,press left ALT+F12 to initalize Flyscripts."In your answer to me you stated Flyscripts could be removedor is at least not needed anymore.Do I understand this the wrong way or is this a little "leftover"from the old C4TO reamdme.txt resident in the new readme.txt?I think this is the case.In the C4TOkeys.txt starting the flightplan ,ctrl+alt+/ is advised andctrl+alt+/ is not mentioned in theC4TOreadme.txt.Thank you for your great job.RegardsLeen de Jager ( repainter )

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Hallo ,This evening I tried a flight with c4to from Rotterdam EHRD.At first sight all goes well.After takeoff I get the message to contact departure.When i press alt+C ( after pressing alt+A )There is no contact, just some noise.A message occurs on the screen telling to adjust COM1 to 0,00.Setting COM1 to 000 is not possible there have to be five numbers.When I use C4TO v2 there is no such problem at EHRD.From this moment no further contact is possible.What`s wrong.Anybody any idea?RegardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Hi Leen,This is a situation I am not currently handling, but will be handled in the next release. Your airport does not have a departure control. The C4TOv2 Fly!Script fabricates a departure control which is why it works in the C4TOv2. For C4TOv3, I will be handing you off directly to the center controller, once you have reached the controller's airspace (for my purposes, you must be departure airport elevation + 4000 before this happens). I'll try to release another patch as soon as I can (maybe tonight or tomorrow night). If I can't then it won't be until the middle of next week since I am going out of town this weekend.Cheers, Tony

Thank you for your answer Tony.BUT somethings strange happened.Did some experiments myself.1 I placed back the c4tov2.fse and atccfg.fsc files in Fly!Scripts.2 Started C4TOv2 with alt+ F12.3 Now I was switched correctly to departure.4 Started FLY2 again and then I did something weird. I started C4TOv2 with alt+F12 AND started C4TO3.1 with ctrl+alt+/.5 Now I had many controllers speaking not simultaniously and giving different instructions.6 Then I shut down FLY2 and I removed the c4tov2.fse and atccfg.fsc files from the Flyscripts-folder.7 Started FLY2 and C4TO3.1 (ctrl+alt+/) and took off from Rotterdam EHRD without problems and WITH departure assistance.As you can understand , I cannot understand this.RegardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints