Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Bravo to Geof's B33 - but even more to his support

Guest artl

(I was distracted by some computer difficulties and left outimportant info:)In order to fly with non-pro edition, I replaced all of the guages from the BARON (which does not come with non-pro), with same ones from the King AIR that comes with FS2000 pro (which I have).... but I would expect that even those from the Cessna would work.There are only the 5 or 6 light switches, plus the pitch trim that need to be replaced.Art.

Sorry-I missed your question.The b33 gauge was the original hsi that caused problems for some so I replaced it with the xml gauge so-"gauge15=deb!Horizontal Situation Indicator, 336,796,130,123" is the correct one.The only problems I have:1. Outside views show the plane all black.This from what I can tell is a problem with voodoo cards not displaying the gmax "shiny" textures-there was a thread further down on the options to correct this. If you don't have a voodoo card I am not sure what the problem would be.2. Aileron knob turns, but does not seem to DO anythingThats possible-I didn't program the gauge. You don't use it too much any way in the real flying until you have burned an hour off one fuel tank at which point you just give it a little nudge.3. I do get the b33.gau warning If you have the newest "patch" which contains the new xml gauges, and the panel.cfg that calls the new ones (in the patch also) you may delete the b33 gauge-it isn't needed any more. That will solve this.4)I get an Fs2002 error ON EXIT, but by then the flight is over and who cares.Not sure why this would happen-perhaps deleting the b33 gauge will take care of this-it is an older fs2000 gauge and for some reason some computers really hate it (my didn't unfortunately).The deb is fairly docile in stalls-but the official stall speed (full flaps) is 60 mph (52 knots). It looks like there will be a more exacting flight model in the next improved release-this one has the "feel" correct but is missing a few areas.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

That is correct. I tried to make this without calling any of the pro gauges-but unfortunately the fuel row and primarily cylinder temp gauge were only covered by the pro. It is pretty much flyable without them-and in the real plane the tanks show 3/4 empty after 45 minutes anyway so we never rely on them anyway and do it all by time.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

Thanks CharlieZ and fbevard-your kind words make all the aggrevations of doing something like this worth it!ttp://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

Guest artl

But you have provided the fuel-row gauges in the main download, haven't you?... The only thing not there are those "guages" shown as "beech_baron" in panel.cfg , and that is just the 6 light switches (strobe, taxi, panel, landing, etc), the pitot de-icing switch, and the pitch trim.I certainly see the entire fuel row guages, controls, etc.,(and they work) except for what I mention above.By the way, why is the HSI in the "Window00" section come from the "deb" cab file, and the one in the "Vcockpit01" section come from the "b33" .gau file??Art.

Guest artl

Oh, okay.I just carried over all my gauges from the fs2000 pro versionthat I had, in the hope that they would work, and I guess they do:-) With a little tweaking, I got the 2000pro Kingair to work too.On the deb's black external views....I didn't tell you that I am running on a laptop with a USB joystick.... p2, 333 mhz. This video cardprobably has no hardware graphics at all, so I don't expect anybetter than I got and it is certainly good enough for me for right now.Great plane... or I should say: great job!Art.