Sign in to follow this  
dkohl

Aero-Titanic Pictures

I guess its time for me to learn "Ground Type Transformer".... Pix taken at Nice, FR.-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest spenik

Are the lights on your PC12 an add on? They look like they acrually shine where you are going. where might I find them?Thanks!

The lights are part of Fly!II and should already be working. They do use some of your video memory, so you want to have a fairly robust video card if you use them.I can't recall, but you may need to have Environment mapping activated also for the "lighted areas" to show. They work great on all of the aircraft.

Randall Rocke

I tried to "transform" the ground type at Nice airport, France. Here is my "GTI" file....[TileTypeUpdates]TotalUpdates=2Offset1=98124104Value1=107Offset2=98124103Value2=107I seem to have imported it (GTI said "successful" and my Globe.POD has a new Last Mod date). But when going to Nice, I still sink into the water as soon as the plane inches off any runway.I could use some help here.-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

G'day Dave,Ground transformer on its own won't do the job. You need to download Terrashape from Colin and use that program and a cad program like turbocad and alter the coastline gtp file for Nice.(it's in the coast.pod . It will be named Vxxxxxx.gtp where xxxxxx will be the globe tile number for the Nice coastline.) Its a bit of a hassle but the results are well worth it. Colin has already done Nice and uses that as a tutorial for how to do it. I was plagued with exactly the same situation as your piccies show at Sydney but now it's cured :-jumpy.Research the developers forum as much has been discussed on the topic.Cheers,Roger @YSSY ( solid as a rock :-) )

Guest Colins2

Dave,The nice gtp file is available on Simvol.When I did it, it was just proof of concept rather than a real effort to be accurate.The ROTW members have done it more accurately and it's on their sits.Colin

Since I don't have an CAD programs, it appears I'm stuck here from the "do-it-yourself" perspective. So just to make sure I understand, is the GTP file on Simvol going to fix this? I just download it an install it?I don't speak french and while I've tried very hard to identify things on ROTW's site, its tough without the language. So maybe you can post a link to the right GTP update.Thanks.-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.