Sign in to follow this  

New C4TO bug or comments list(post v3.1)

Guest tonyc

Tony,Why is ground or approach have me takeoff or land with the wind instead of against the wind? tony

I haven't loaded up version 3 yet, but here are two things from version 2 I would hope are addressed:1 - Chatter files currently only operate while tuned to Center. Yet most of the chatter files posted to AVSIM are actually departure/arrival chatter. It would be real nice to have chatter for this phase of flight, and separate chatter for "in-flight" modes.2 - It would be nice to have some configurable options that govern how much chatter to have in the background. This would let the Fly!er increase or reduce the amount of background noise at each phase of flight based on what he/she feels is realistic for the area of the world he/she is flying in.These two "background" realism points might be really nice to have.-DK---David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

D'oh! Whilst cleaning up some bits and pieces of code, my attempts at code beautification...err...failed.Thanks for letting me know.Cheers, Tony

I'll look into the posted chatter files and see what I can do to add approach/departure chatter files to the environment. I also add a "throttle" to the chatter initialization variables.Cheers, Tony

Guest mberg

off the subject--but are you able to get toe brakes in fly2 CH usb pedals config?

I had the same thing happen. I set up a flight from S05 to KLM, intending to land on runway 32. I set up 15 knot winds out of 300, but ended up getting vectored into a landing on runway 14 instead.I haven't tried it again yet to see if it was a one time glitch, or is repeatable.Other than that, the flight went fine - no more 000.0 freq problems, and everything worked OK!John/madmax

Guest tonyc

I, too, keep taking off and landing with the winds. I've written about this in another post, so Tony may already be aware of this.tony

Hi John/madmaxPlease tell me.What kind of 000.0 freq problem are you talking about.I had a simmilar error.What did you do to make it run proper.Regards

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Hi TonyFirst of Thanks a million for all your hard work and efforts.I have trouble when using the combination of Volnav generated flightplans and PMDG aircraft (all others work).I generated the same flight plan with FS build and it works????I tried a flight from ybcs (cairns- Australia) to YBBN (brisbane Australia)The program works perfect and once figured I was able to produce star very quickly and easily (Unfortunatly in a different format as what PMDG uses - any chance of getting a converter?)I suspect that is where the trouble lies???I hope that is of assitance!!Thanks again and God blessAlfred

Leen, your problem is different from John's. I am presently putting the fix into C4TO that will solve your problem. It won't be available until next week, however. I really appreciate the feedback and the help in finding the holes in the logic. Cheers, Tony

TonyI've read through most of the posts and replies and have not seen anything regarding the following;At and below 10K ft., ATC seems to read my True Air Speed instead of my Indicated Air Speed. In the Hawker at say 8000 ft., when IAS is 240 knots, TAS is 270 knots (+/-) and ATC tells me to slow down. In order to get TAS to 250 or below, my IAS indicates roughly 219.I normally would not question this, but if memory serves me correctly, the previous C4TO version read IAS and I believe the "stock" ATC reads IAS as well.Am I missing something here?BTW, great work. Although I hate to admit it, similar to Leen, I had a slight problem getting the new version started with 'left' ALT+F12 per the readme file. All I had to do was read the C4TOkeys.txt or read the posts here at the forum.In addition to deleting the old c4tov20.fse and atccfg.fsc associated with version 2.0, there is also c4tov20.log file, also in the Flyscripts! folder, which does not appear to be needed anymore either.Thanks so much for your great program.Regards,Robert

Guest mberg

Where are the old c4to files that need to be deleted? Strange, I can get the old c4to to work using LALT F12 OR, I can get version 3.1 to run using CTL ALT /. Either choice works equally well (except the landing and takeoff with the wind)

"Mberg"?The three files I made reference to are located in the Flyscripts! folder under Fly! II.You are correct in stating that "either choice works equally well" should you leave these files in place.However, if you happen to have any additional flyscript files (eg airspeed.fsc, cabincalls.fsc, GPWS.fsc, etc.) that you want to use with C4TO, once you initiate LALT+F12 for these files, you are also initiating C4TO version 2. And if you don't use LALT+F12, then you will not have airspeed, cabincalls, etc. with C4TO version 3.1.Regards,Robert