Sign in to follow this  
dkohl

Pete Sterling: Any 777 Repaints

Pete:Have you considered applying your wonderful skills to the PMDG 777? I have many of your 757 repaints and would love to expand my fleet of 777's as well.Also, would it be possible to add night-lighting textures to 777 aircraft? -DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Hi David,do a search in the Fly! II aircraft section for 777 and you'll find two 777 repaints by me, Alitalia and All Nippon Airways. There is also an American Airlines and Asiana Airlines 777 by Grant Millikan and a El Al by Gideon Vitkon. I've been looking into doing a JAL in their new Raising Sun rudder livery. I think most of the current carriers that fly the 777 are covered in the available PMDG liveries and these few repaints, so unless you have a request for a imaginary 777 livery, there may not be too many, if any, 777 repaints coming out by me. As for night lights on non PMDG 757's, currently this is not possible, at least by me. The night light feature that PMDG enables is triggered by code somewhere in one of the 757 files. There are several extra texture files that are added to the basic daytime texture that is called when the sim switches into night time mode and when the pilot enables either combination of landing and rudder lights. There is also code within the latest patched Fly!II that seems to address the PMDG 757 directly. If you'll note, switching to night time mode, all non PMDG 757 aircraft appear dark, yet if you select one of my 757 repaints that I haven't yet added night lights to, the Eastern 757 for instance, you'll see the daytime texture. I think we'd have to change a file reference in the airplane that we want to add lights to so that Fly!II would know to enable the night time texture switches. This is only a guess. This may be an area Brandon can add to the far distant Fly! II, Next Generation version.Mayhaps after PMDG finishes the work on the MSFS 737NG project Robert and Vin can be approached on letting us know how they worked the night lights for their 757. This won't be for awhile, I fear, as their plate is rather full for the next several months.Pete SterlingMac Paint

Thanks for the rapid reply. BTW: I have all the 777 repaints you noted above already. Just hungrey for some more.Thanks for the explanation of how night-lighting code was implemented for 757 only.Too bad. Really a nice improvement.-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.