Sign in to follow this  
RobertVA

New Chicago available/want new TBM?

Would be nice,Make a POD an publish it at the lib.Please do the cockpit>wing-views as well.

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest dajackman

Oh yea please!!!Nice job

Right, the TBM certainly deserves a complete and detailed approach to repainting. It's a great professional Fly design! Lucky to have it available!Out of curiosity, I was wondering if casual Fly-ers might want just the updated texture .tif files for the airplane. If you have an aircraft package you're happy with already (callsign, panel, flight characteristics, etc.) you might like to just change the outside appearance for quick fun. Drop the 3 .tif files into the "art" folder, fly, enjoy, and remove them later to go back to your original textures.I see there's a much nicer TBM in the library, with a really neat custom paint pattern. Sorry I haven't done more yet than just change the color on the factory trim!I fly this thing almost as much as the good old Warrior.

Guest jsippy

Nice work with the Chicago Night scenery. I just flew around there a bit and it looks pretty real.Thanks---John R. SippyChicago, IL, USAPowerMacG4 -Dual 5001024MB RAMnVidiaGF2 - 32MB

Hey, thanks! Real-life Chicago impressed me enough to try for a better lighting effect there.It occurs to me that average city areas with less light might benefit from the same technique, using fewer and yellow-er lights on the roads. However, the standard Terrascene light patches are good enough not to take so much time re-doing scenery...low-altitude night VFR is more about navigating by cityglow and airport beacons. (At least in un-industrial regions)The only other night effect I'd like to see would be moon reflection on patches of water. Fly's sky-reflecting water effect is neat, but there's nothing like seeing the moon in a calm lake or river at night! Of course, then you'd have moonlight on the tops of clouds, which is absolutely the best part of night VFR....

Guest jsippy

"low-altitude night VFR is more about navigating by cityglow and airport beacons. (At least in un-industrial regions)"I know what you mean, sometimes it can be quite a challenge to spot those beacons around a major city.Moonlight effects would be wonderfull to see, and I was very impressed by FlyII's daytime water effects. The other thing I would like to see in night scenery is that characteristic lack of light on the grounds of large airports, and then that hugely bright glow around the terminals.I am glad to see some folks take an interest in Chicago scenery. Despite some nasty weather (I hate the cold) it really is a beautiful city.Cheers---John R. SippyChicago, IL, USAPowerMacG4 -Dual 5001024MB RAMnVidiaGF2 - 32MB

Don't forget the big yellow Xs where Meigs used to be.:-eek

A new 60mb Terrascene of the Chicago area is available now. It shows the streetlights a bit better with a technique I'm trying. Sorry I uploaded it to the Scenery section instead of Terrascene!Also, I did a color change on the ROTW TBM; does anyone want One Charlie Echo in red?